Worlds most liveable cities 2022.

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

An old boy started giving out to us about the war in a cafe while we was having lunch, fair play to him, he was ancient…..they chucked him out but I personally had a bit of admiration for the old boy……still told him to “f**k off, we won you silly old c**t” mind you ! Lol ? 

Pride is pride mate 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite surprised jonny blucks left bollock ain't on here telling us what a out rage it is sunderland ain't on that list..

Sunderland till I die ? London is an incredible city, I love it, I am the same as you, any journey, train, boat, plane looking at places, wondering, looking at people in streets I pass wondering

How come Edinburgh is not included. One of the most fascinating places on this planet. The underground City needs a look. Jok.

Posted Images

Just now, WILF said:

It’s going through a bit of a resurgence in some areas

Really? I didn't know that. Curiously ~ as in, me being curious ~ I was very near to googling the place, just to see if they dared show reasl pictures of what I saw there, as I passed by on the coast road.

God, it was fukking Grim!!! :icon_eek: I mean, I've seen some shit holes, but, That place? It really made a hell of a lasting impression on me.

I mean, we grow up thinking " Hastings / 1066 " I guess the mental picture never really gets beyond the beach and, " Watch what you're doing with that fukking arrow! "

But, yeah. What I saw? Fukk No! :icon_eek:

3 hours ago, mackem said:

If you get the chance TOMO take your lady on a weekend break to Vienna, its a beautiful city, really is ?surprised sunderland isn't on the list however ?

IMG_20220624_095334.jpg

Shhhh Mack , were trying to kept it a secrete , before you know it the southerners will be buy 2nd homes in pennywell ?

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Pride is pride mate 

He was throwing “Sieg Heils” at us and all sorts, old school mate and totally unapologetic……couldn’t knock the bloke.

8 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Really? I didn't know that. Curiously ~ as in, me being curious ~ I was very near to googling the place, just to see if they dared show reasl pictures of what I saw there, as I passed by on the coast road.

God, it was fukking Grim!!! :icon_eek: I mean, I've seen some shit holes, but, That place? It really made a hell of a lasting impression on me.

I mean, we grow up thinking " Hastings / 1066 " I guess the mental picture never really gets beyond the beach and, " Watch what you're doing with that fukking arrow! "

But, yeah. What I saw? Fukk No! :icon_eek:

You know the story, place gos to shit then trendy young things move in and snap up places.

My Aunty and Uncle used to live on The Mount, and a pal still lives there……gaffs round there have never been buttons mate, a million won’t get you much.

11 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Shhhh Mack , were trying to kept it a secrete , before you know it the southerners will be buy 2nd homes in pennywell ?

You know what, truthfully, I wouldn't mind living in Pennywell,lots of memories there, you can probably still get a 3 bed-semi for £100k.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, jok said:

Off the wall a bit. Charts may or may not totally agree. Riyadh was a fascinating place. Once your head was adjusted to its peculiarities, a different world of history, arts and definition of culture was quite stunning. I have spent time in a majlis many k’s out in the desert whilst fully Arab dressed and actually took the time to try to learn a bit about their way of life. Jok.

I spent a couple of years in Riyadh in the 70's, it was basically a huge building site. I worked at the Air Defence Centre, an underground bunker out in the desert.

The old walled town of Diriyah was a good place to visit, and Ibn Sauds old palace.

Then I spent 24 years in Jeddah, a much better place, the old suq, the Hijaz railway, the petrified forest, Medain Salah, every bit as good as the Jordanian Nabatean ruins, and of course the Red Sea. We had a beach hut at Abhor Creek and my son lived on one of the top Red Sea compounds.

I still like to visit my daughter in law and grandson in Jeddah, but it's changed dramatically, now it's like Dubai without the pubs !

Cheers.

• Like 2

Aye up son. How’s life. What do you mean a few tunnels.? It’s a city below a city. Any road on this is not the point of the post so I’ll stop there. I loved Charts response and agree about Jeddah. When we went in there it was in awe. We had to drive down the 21 palms road and into the city. We were allowed to venture into the suq and once again amazed. We had a party somewhere which was in a room with a full para silk in the ceiling. The drinks were based on sidiqui , almost 100% alchohol. What a place.Jok.

6 minutes ago, jok said:

Aye up son. How’s life. What do you mean a few tunnels.? It’s a city below a city. Any road on this is not the point of the post so I’ll stop there. I loved Charts response and agree about Jeddah. When we went in there it was in awe. We had to drive down the 21 palms road and into the city. We were allowed to venture into the suq and once again amazed. We had a party somewhere which was in a room with a full para silk in the ceiling. The drinks were based on sidiqui , almost 100% alchohol. What a place.Jok.

When I worked for Sheik Sharbatley there was a villa with a centre pole and a parachute in the living room, probably around 80/82. Had some good parties in there.

We made and sold a lot of Sid, and also drank copious amounts, my favourite mixer was orange tang ! ??

Cheers.

• Haha 1