Summer hunting

31 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Bet the land owner enjoyed not having them killing his stock , 

All joking aside about summer hunting but after seeing what foxes do to new born lambs same as carrion they need culling,  weather its summer or not , can't tell a farmer who losing stock to vermin that you will leave them.till season starts they'll tell you get fecked 

As I am a farmer and have seen the damage they do to NEW born lambs. Not many lambs around now that are going to get had by a fox……..  and one lamb/chicken killer doesn’t mean they all are. In the spring had a farmer losing lambs shot one fox and all problems stopped not complete slaughter. ?? 

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well we ain't out of June yet and there lamping the freshly cut fields near me already after the rabbits etc . It ain't pest control or out like that as I still unofficially still have the permission

Any lads want a bit of advice on summer hunting then mchulls your man. ??

The topic of summer hunting always brings out some comedy gold. Each to their own for sure. But it just shows you how absolutely desperate for a score some folk get, they obviously catch f*c

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Problem is dc is that was probably took by shooters and sent to shooters or posted in a shooting fourm , most hunting lads don't do each other any favors all time as they all think there way is the right way when it comes to quarry , take a shooter , courser , snare/trapper ,falconer , they all have there own idea about how hares should be caught and they all think there way is the right way , same as foxing , shooter if shooting in winter will still have lurcher lads saying they should be ran , and trappers / snares saying they should be snared , and terrier men saying they should be dug etc etc

fair enough there are lads who just want to kill anything and everything any time of the year because they just want kill stuff , there are lads by me running lurchers now soon grass cut Killin rabbits and hares what are probably full of milk ans will be chucked in a hedge to rot ,

killing for the sake of killing ain't hunting , its just killing , catching the odd couple rabbit or birds for pot or shooting fox's that are killing lambs and birds in my eyes ain't bad but the way I look at it is I don't realy like idea telling lads what they should and shouldn't do , there plenty of antis doing that we don't need do it are self's,  and like you say , everyone has done it ,most just claim be whiter than white 

For  me,the problem has always been people feeling the need  to advertise what their up to (look at me,I'm the best ?)...just go about your business discretely and  humainly as is possible and you won't get any comebacks..?

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

As I am a farmer and have seen the damage they do to NEW born lambs. Not many lambs around now that are going to get had by a fox……..  and one lamb/chicken killer doesn’t mean they all are. In the spring had a farmer losing lambs shot one fox and all problems stopped not complete slaughter. ?? 

How do you know when  that was taken ? How do you know that it was taken off one farm ? There’s lads on here who have shot 5+ foxs in one night of a chicken farm if they shot 1 the other 4 what come after would of still  killed chickens if they had the chance ,  and where do people draw the line on slaughter ? Shooting 10 foxs a night is slaughter , so ferreting 10 rabbits is slaughter , or shooting 100 plus birds on a driven pheasant shoot is slaughter ?? 

13 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

For  me,the problem has always been people feeling the need  to advertise what their up to (look at me,I'm the best ?)...just go about your business discretely and  humainly as is possible and you won't get any comebacks..?

Yea that’s true, unfortunately any picture nowadays is feeding the antis , 

5 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

How do you know when  that was taken ? How do you know that it was taken off one farm ? There’s lads on here who have shot 5+ foxs in one night of a chicken farm if they shot 1 the other 4 what come after would of still  killed chickens if they had the chance ,  and where do people draw the line on slaughter ? Shooting 10 foxs a night is slaughter , so ferreting 10 rabbits is slaughter , or shooting 100 plus birds on a driven pheasant shoot is slaughter ?? 

Because the chap who posted it said that ‘first time out for a couple months had two on first farm but started to rain so headed home. On the way home rain stopped so stopped on another farm and had a field day’ they wasn’t a problem for 2 months before so why are they now? Anyway I only stated that I don’t see anything enjoyable about it. You might thinking your American sniper or something but not for me. Same as driven shooting boring as shite. Happily work my dog beating but standing on peg not for me.  

• Like 1

If my chunkier lunker , by some miracle caught a rabbit while he was off lead would that make me a bad person ? Because if so im not going to let him off lead till winter … the blokes .letting  his  pup do it’s thing , they mooch they chase and sometimes they may catch .. a pup isn’t decimating a population on a day time walk , how many does it catch a week ? If it’s two or three a day I’ll shut up , but I wouldn’t have thought that a week unless it’s like watership down , and then crack in anyway … I don’t actively hunt mine but wouldn’t stop him running one just because it’s June … I’ll carry on watching Glastonbury ? 

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

If my chunkier lunker , by some miracle caught a rabbit while he was off lead would that make me a bad person ? Because if so im not going to let him off lead till winter … the blokes .letting  his  pup do it’s thing , they mooch they chase and sometimes they may catch .. a pup isn’t decimating a population on a day time walk , how many does it catch a week ? If it’s two or three a day I’ll shut up , but I wouldn’t have thought that a week unless it’s like watership down , and then crack in anyway … I don’t actively hunt mine but wouldn’t stop him running one just because it’s June … I’ll carry on watching Glastonbury ? 

U will be getting him fit soon dad ,I got a lamp and battery 4 ya ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Franks dad said:

Glastonbury as gone down hill ,it was a kicking festival in late 80s early 90s,I get everyone likes diffrent music and I'm sure they still some good bands on and sets in dance tents but the two main stage line ups are just not on par to what they was in  90s 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Glastonbury as gone down hill ,it was a kicking festival in late 80s early 90s,I get everyone likes diffrent music and I'm sure they still some good bands on and sets in dance tents but the two main stage line ups are just not on par to what they was in  90s 

Main stage headliner is in his 80’s ??.  Fair play he can stand that long without a piss break , ( perhaps he’s got a bag) not my cup of tea though for main event …. Should have stayed in Frome a few more nights 

• Like 1