Summer hunting

25 minutes ago, poxon said:

Same as me really young uns always have free roaming It’s the only way young uns learn my best dogs I’ve had have always been young uns that have been free roaming an learned there own skills these are the type that self entered early an go on to make good catch dogs. 

have always done that mate. this time of year you are restricted anyway, corn, rape, thick cover etc, but keep dogs exercised on general mooching, anything they pick up feeds the ferrets. 

• Like 3

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well we ain't out of June yet and there lamping the freshly cut fields near me already after the rabbits etc . It ain't pest control or out like that as I still unofficially still have the permission

Any lads want a bit of advice on summer hunting then mchulls your man. ??

The topic of summer hunting always brings out some comedy gold. Each to their own for sure. But it just shows you how absolutely desperate for a score some folk get, they obviously catch f*c

Posted Images

Don't see the point in summer hunting.....the grounds rock hard, the crops are 3 feet high, the cover, brambles, hedges are almost impenetrable.

Who needs to kill young or pregnant game ?

I walk across two fields to my Allotments each day, and lately there's been roe hanging round, my young bitch took off on one the other day and came back knackered ! So now she's on a lead until I see it's all clear.

Its only a couple of months till the crops come down and the season will start.

Having said all this, if anyone thinks they need to summer hunt, well, that's their business, not mine, it doesn't really effect me.

Cheers.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Don't see the point in summer hunting.....the grounds rock hard, the crops are 3 feet high, the cover, brambles, hedges are almost impenetrable.

Who needs to kill young or pregnant game ?

I walk across two fields to my Allotments each day, and lately there's been roe hanging round, my young bitch took off on one the other day and came back knackered ! So now she's on a lead until I see it's all clear.

Its only a couple of months till the crops come down and the season will start.

Having said all this, if anyone thinks they need to summer hunt, well, that's their business, not mine, it doesn't really effect me.

Cheers.

Bang on there charts, some people can’t help themselves, then try kidding everyone with the…. It’s pest control?come October/November same lads moaning there is nothing about,,,,

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Can’t see anything enjoyable about that personally 

298DC348-1C5F-4EA3-8BC8-79A4290E8254.png

Bet the land owner enjoyed not having them killing his stock , 

All joking aside about summer hunting but after seeing what foxes do to new born lambs same as carrion they need culling,  weather its summer or not , can't tell a farmer who losing stock to vermin that you will leave them.till season starts they'll tell you get fecked 

• Like 2

We have all done it at some point if your honest ...I personally can't see why anyone would take photos and then  share a post like the one above?don't do any of us any favours tbf... sometimes the less folks know,the better all round for everyone...

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

We have all done it at some point if your honest ...I personally can't see why anyone would take photos and then  share a post like the one above?don't do any of us any favours tbf... sometimes the less folks know,the better all round for everyone...

Problem is dc is that was probably took by shooters and sent to shooters or posted in a shooting fourm , most hunting lads don't do each other any favors all time as they all think there way is the right way when it comes to quarry , take a shooter , courser , snare/trapper ,falconer , they all have there own idea about how hares should be caught and they all think there way is the right way , same as foxing , shooter if shooting in winter will still have lurcher lads saying they should be ran , and trappers / snares saying they should be snared , and terrier men saying they should be dug etc etc

fair enough there are lads who just want to kill anything and everything any time of the year because they just want kill stuff , there are lads by me running lurchers now soon grass cut Killin rabbits and hares what are probably full of milk ans will be chucked in a hedge to rot ,

killing for the sake of killing ain't hunting , its just killing , catching the odd couple rabbit or birds for pot or shooting fox's that are killing lambs and birds in my eyes ain't bad but the way I look at it is I don't realy like idea telling lads what they should and shouldn't do , there plenty of antis doing that we don't need do it are self's,  and like you say , everyone has done it ,most just claim be whiter than white 

• Like 2