Summer hunting

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well we ain't out of June yet and there lamping the freshly cut fields near me already after the rabbits etc . It ain't pest control or out like that as I still unofficially still have the permission

Any lads want a bit of advice on summer hunting then mchulls your man. ??

The topic of summer hunting always brings out some comedy gold. Each to their own for sure. But it just shows you how absolutely desperate for a score some folk get, they obviously catch f*c

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Any lads want a bit of advice on summer hunting then mchulls your man. ??

if you have a pup get out let it get things up all summer learns it more than say in the run until 2 is my advise mate 

Well I can see no reason whatsoever except for pest control to be running bunnies this early even with a pup the likelihood is it will be milky does your catching therefore not only killing the doe but killing any babies it has or will produce . Also there are a lot naive young rabbits about so if your reasoning is to give a pup a an easy kill or run it is in my mind a false premise as in a couple of months these same rabbits if they survive have become very wise . I ain't even factoring in the ground which at the moment is as hard as concrete and the risk to your dog through foot injuries etc is very high . Pest control is a valid reasoning any other is just utter bollox .

The idea of summer hunting used to really grind on me I used to have a opinion on people lamping,ferreting the summer months then I realised I don’t really have a opinion on it because every time I take a dog out an it’s off the lead I may not be actually hunting but the dog is as it knows no difference in months it just wants to run an catch shit an do it’s job I think if I voiced a opinion on it it’d make me a hypocrite knowing I’ve had dogs catch stuff in the summer months yeah you can palm it off as a accident but any time you have a hunting dog off the lead for a walk your dogs activity hunting 

• Like 2
Just now, poxon said:

The idea of summer hunting used to really grind on me I used to have a opinion on people lamping,ferreting the summer months then I realised I don’t really have a opinion on it because every time I take a dog out an it’s off the lead I may not be actually hunting but the dog is as it knows no difference in months it just wants to run an catch shit an do it’s job I think if I voiced a opinion on it it’d make me a hypocrite knowing I’ve had dogs catch stuff in the summer months yeah you can palm it off as a accident but any time you have a hunting dog off the lead for a walk your dogs activity hunting 

that all i do with the pups poxon let em enter thereself im not out on slip lamping etc just out daytime letting them do what comes natural 

me older dogs are lead walked all summer 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

that all i do with the pups poxon let em enter thereself im not out on slip lamping etc just out daytime letting them do what comes natural 

me older dogs are lead walked all summer 

Same as me really young uns always have free roaming It’s the only way young uns learn my best dogs I’ve had have always been young uns that have been free roaming an learned there own skills these are the type that self entered early an go on to make good catch dogs. 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, poxon said:

Same as me really young uns always have free roaming It’s the only way young uns learn my best dogs I’ve had have always been young uns that have been free roaming an learned there own skills these are the type that self entered early an go on to make good catch dogs. 

my thoughts exactly mate 

• Like 1