Kit help

I have looked for the answer but I have aquired my first 2 kits and I'm asking for some help with the first few weeks. They seemed quiet at first but I scared one of them lifting the hutch and she barked at me oops. Shall I keep contact to a minimum for the first week? Or shall I just try and interact with them every day.

Any help is very much appreciated 

Completely agree ?, a few times a day makes handling normal and one at a time allows focus on careful handling.

The nervous one may bite out of fear. One thing I've changed over the years is how I respond to biting. I used to flick them on the nose but eventually realised that an adult human can put a lot of force into that, with the size of a ferret it's like hitting someone in the face with a sleeper ?. Gentle flicks ok, make it hard for them to grab skin and I keep a squeey bottle of lemon juice to put on my knuckles, most really don't like that and quickly quit biting good luck 

Had ferrets all my life and I'm coming 60. Same as any animal/ bird , handle as much as you can. Always slow and quiet to pick up, one at a time, gentle handling and talk quietly to them. Kit bites don't hurt so don't be nervous around them. If they is slightly older and bite try not to rip your hand up in the air as it only frightens them. They needs to feel 4 feet on the ground to let go ! Best advice is always try handling AFTER feeding, full ferret is a tired ferret and more docile. Remember this... what you put in now, is exactly what you will end up with...... no ferret/ puppy has ever been born bad. 

• Like 1

Handle as much as possible feed little strips of meat by hand so they associate you with food. If you can when they nip try gently pushing or holding your finger in their mouth they then try to push your finger away, if you get my drift. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 3