Rail strikes

2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I can't understand  why the minimum wage is not nearer 15 quid per hour given that there are labour shortages. That Rynair owner was bleating yesterday  about brits not wanting to pick fruit or work as baggage handlers. But the pay is a tenner an hour or less. There's always a balance ,double or triple the hourly rate and people will do it. 

The minimum wage is a scam we are in a free market economy if we stopped importing cheap labour it would find its own level. If you set minimum wage to £100 an hour tomorrow in a short space of time the market would adjust and £100 an hour would be like the new £5 an hour it makes no difference whatsoever except to set we're the bar is lowest and let's companies offer the lowest possible wages and still be competetive its a total scam. 

• Like 3

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work for Network Rail and the comments by Schapps are hilarious he keeps bleating on about how much drivers are paid Network Rail do not employ any drivers for one it’s the TOCs the train operating

Mick Lynch has been a breath of fresh air. He's trounced every interviewer and slippery politician he's been up against despite their training in public speaking, debating and media presentation. He's

@WILF In amongst the emos lol View of main stage with domes on way out Main stage at Eden project

Posted Images

Just now, Borr said:

Farming has based it's entire existence on cheap labour and now whatever years after brexit are still baying for foreign labour, most British business has become reliant on it and I honestly think they should be penalised over rewarded for their lack of foresight and I'm disgusted they're still looking for the taxpayer to get them out of the mire of their own making....

Farm near me relies totally on foreign labour. Workers live on site in employer owned caravans and work 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Horrible way to live. Most of them are pissed up the majority of the time  on cheap vodka.

4 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

No NHS staff working on critical or special care whatever your saying are on minimum wage none so I don't know we're your getting that from, plenty private sector workers are though so we're is the outcry for them? I had a pal who was a cleaner in the NHS he was on £21k a year for doing f**k all apart from chatting nurses up and that was nearly 10 years ago. 

The NHS is a shambles I've spent most of my working life involved with it. 

There's more nurses on low wages in the above mentioned care than experienced ones I'll tell you that and that's coming from first hand experience from months on wards , private sector is far better paid ,that in my mind is a given and possibly rightly so but to say they're all well paid is nonsensical to me...

1 minute ago, Borr said:

There's more nurses on low wages in the above mentioned care than experienced ones I'll tell you that and that's coming from first hand experience from months on wards , private sector is far better paid ,that in my mind is a given and possibly rightly so but to say they're all well paid is nonsensical to me...

No there not and that's from 20+ years experience and being married to a nurse. 

Just now, JDHUNTING said:

The minimum wage is a scam we are in a free market economy if we stopped importing cheap labour it would find its own level. If you set minimum wage to £100 an hour tomorrow in a short space of time the market would adjust and £100 an hour would be like the new £5 an hour it makes no difference whatsoever except to set we're the bar is lowest and let's companies offer the lowest possible wages and still be competetive its a total scam. 

Yes, the minimum wage has become the norm. Employers can't see beyond it. We used to have collective bargaining but that is seen as old fashioned now.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Problem is if the minimum wage was £15 an hour, everyone with skills @£15 an hour would want £20 and on and on.

Cheers, D.

That's capitalism mate. If the employer says £ 15 is my final offer, you either accept it or you move elsewhere where there's better pay.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

That's capitalism mate. If the employer says £ 15 is my final offer, you either accept it or you move elsewhere where there's better pay.

Some people, minimum wage is too much, but that's another thread ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Some people, minimum wage is too much, but that's another thread ?

Cheers, D.

I remember when I was kid of 19 telling my boss I was jacking if he didn't put me on better jobs instead of all the crap jobs and I was fed up of being the lowest paid on the team. He replied " well f**k off then, you f****n  cowboy". So I did.

A couple of years later I asked my new boss for a rise because I was a vital member of the team ,prepared to work at short notice and prepared to work away.  (I had learned tact.lol)He gave me an extra quid  a week which was a lot in the early seventies. 

That,  crudely, is supply and demand, and  collective ( individual) bargaining in operation.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1