Rail strikes

Its going  to be some summer of discontent. Rail workers,barristers,post office workers, nurses, teachers and probably many more groups of workers have all had enough. I think the public will sympathise not criticise. Everybody is feeling the pinch. Hold on to your hats, gonna be a long summer.

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work for Network Rail and the comments by Schapps are hilarious he keeps bleating on about how much drivers are paid Network Rail do not employ any drivers for one it’s the TOCs the train operating

Mick Lynch has been a breath of fresh air. He's trounced every interviewer and slippery politician he's been up against despite their training in public speaking, debating and media presentation. He's

@WILF In amongst the emos lol View of main stage with domes on way out Main stage at Eden project

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Its going  to be some summer of discontent. Rail workers,barristers,post office workers, nurses, teachers and probably many more groups of workers have all had enough. I think the public will sympathise not criticise. Everybody is feeling the pinch. Hold on to your hats, gonna be a long summer.

So public sector workers/service and a load of barristers who've had their ability to milk the public purse dry through legal aid curtailed. 

All the above industries I guarantee you will be above average salaries and conditions. 

Must be tough for teachers now the kids are back and we're not doing there jobs for them while juggling our own jobs while they sunbathe on full pay like last few years. 

I think the publics had enough and the worm is starting to turn, even the fabled NHS heroes seem to be getting plenty criticism these days. 

Apologies to the good folks in these industries and the rail network I know there are many its just a shame there outnumbered 10:1 by wankers that don't know there born. 

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Do barristers seriously think they will get one iota of public sympathy or backing for their demand for a 25% raise ?????

Cheers.

A what........25% brass neck or what charts

Those may be average salaries I don't know where you arrived at those figures but you need to look at median salaries. In other words what most people actually get. If you take a surgeon on a hundred grand and a cleaner on twenty and average those salaries,  you come to the conclusion that the average salary in the NHS is sixty grand.

Check out the median salaries of the jobs you mention. I checked the figure supplied by the ONS and it is circa   £32000 for aa UK worker. The NHS and the Rail unions dispute your figures.

The people who will suffer when barristers take action is the ordinary Joe who arrives in court with no  legal representation. Barristers must be paid the same rate for representing ordinary Joe as they are for rich clients. Otherwise the system is skewed against the poor. The row about how much they are paid for representing people on legal aid has been rumbling on for years. Its about equal representation for the poor in the courts. Its needs to be sorted pronto or there will be a lot of miscarriages of justice.

Edited by jukel123

I think wages will have to move , barristers were offered 15% but want more and probably so as cost of qualifying is expensive to say the least , all sectors will have to increase , biggest opposition will come from billionaires the like of Ryan air guy etc, wage bills are the biggest political hurdle imo, supply and demand....teachers well they're low paid and have the people's children to be responsible for , so they had some time off , but although they made out my kids were behind for their own self importance, which as it happens they weren't lol I still feel they should be paid better . NHS well tbh I don't think you should have to work 12 hr shifts in healthcare plus overtime to make a living wage , I was quite honestly shocked that youngsters on the ward in special care were working 12 hour shifts, maybe this wage inflation will change things for more positive lives for working people...a remoaner friend of mine after blaming me (brexit) for fuel hikes last year due to media nonsense said if you remove cheap foreign labour minimum wage could reach £15 an hour and Britain couldn't support that , I pointed out that maybe we're not doing them a huge favour by making them leave their families, leaving villages and towns without parents or doctors or skilled workers and that business might just find a way, I think it's going to be a difficult few years , but possibly an end to corporate globalisation and possibly a more self reliant Britain, with greater opportunities for the resident people....anyway I'm still positive about leaving EU and buying into Britain...

• Like 2

defense Barristers currently get a pittance by all accounts and by time they take out work outside of court are on less than minimum wage , they've lost 40% of staff that tells what needs to happen.... 

3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Those may be average salaries I don't know where you arrived at those figures but you need to look at median salaries. In other words what most people actually get. If you take a surgeon on a hundred grand and a cleaner on twenty and average those salaries,  you come to the conclusion that the average salary in the NHS is sixty grand.

Check out the median salaries of the jobs you mention. I checked the figure supplied by the ONS and it is circa   £32000. The NHS and the Rail unions dispute your figures.

The people who will suffer when barristers take action is the ordinary Joe who arrives in court with no  legal representation. Barristers must be paid the same rate for representing ordinary Joe as they are for rich clients. Otherwise the system is skewed against the poor. The row about how much they are paid for representing people on legal aid has been rumbling on for years. Its about equal representation for the poor in the courts. Its needs to be sorted pronto or there will be a lot of miscarriages of justice.

Why take the median then? Do private companies not have cleaners and other minimum wage workers? Do they not have well paid directors and other high flyers on £100k plus? Of course they do so you take the average figure and work it out like that. If the median is £32k and the average is £38k then it just confirms what everyone knows anyway that they are top heavy on overpaid pen pushers. 

I've been down the legal aid route and didn't get it and ended up pleading guilty with no representation. Of course if I was an illegal immigrant I'd have had a full legal team on paid for by muggings the taxpayers. There is no equal representation there never has been there never will be. Fu k the lot of them

2 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Why take the median then? Do private companies not have cleaners and other minimum wage workers? Do they not have well paid directors and other high flyers on £100k plus? Of course they do so you take the average figure and work it out like that. If the median is £32k and the average is £38k then it just confirms what everyone knows anyway that they are top heavy on overpaid pen pushers. 

I've been down the legal aid route and didn't get it and ended up pleading guilty with no representation. Of course if I was an illegal immigrant I'd have had a full legal team on paid for by muggings the taxpayers. There is no equal representation there never has been there never will be. Fu k the lot of them

Cup of tea and a chocolate digestive, mate.  ? ?

Just now, Borr said:

I think wages will have to move , barristers were offered 15% but want more and probably so as cost of qualifying is expensive to say the least , all sectors will have to increase , biggest opposition will come from billionaires the like of Ryan air guy etc, wage bills are the biggest political hurdle imo, supply and demand....teachers well they're low paid and have the people's children to be responsible for , so they had some time off , but although they made out my kids were behind for their own self importance, which as it happens they weren't lol I still feel they should be paid better . NHS well tbh I don't think you should have to work 12 hr shifts in healthcare plus overtime to make a living wage , I was quite honestly shocked that youngsters on the ward in special care were working 12 hour shifts, maybe this wage inflation will change things for more positive lives for working people...a remoaner friend of mine after blaming me (brexit) for fuel hikes last year due to media nonsense said if you remove cheap foreign labour minimum wage could reach £15 an hour and Britain couldn't support that , I pointed out that maybe we're not doing them a huge favour by making them leave their families, leaving villages and towns without parents or doctors or skilled workers and that business might just find a way, I think it's going to be a difficult few years , but possibly an end to corporate globalisation and possibly a more self reliant Britain, with greater opportunities for the resident people....anyway I'm still positive about leaving EU and buying into Britain...

I can't understand  why the minimum wage is not nearer 15 quid per hour given that there are labour shortages. That Rynair owner was bleating yesterday  about brits not wanting to pick fruit or work as baggage handlers. But the pay is a tenner an hour or less. There's always a balance ,double or triple the hourly rate and people will do it. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Borr said:

No NHS staff working on critical or special care whatever your saying are on minimum wage none so I don't know we're your getting that from, plenty private sector workers are though so we're is the outcry for them? I had a pal who was a cleaner in the NHS he was on £21k a year for doing f**k all apart from chatting nurses up and that was nearly 10 years ago. 

The NHS is a shambles I've spent most of my working life involved with it. 

Just now, jukel123 said:

I can't understand  why the minimum wage is not nearer 15 quid per hour given that there are labour shortages. That Rynair owner was bleating yesterday  about brits not wanting to pick fruit or work as baggage handlers. But the pay is a tenner an hour or less. There's always a balance ,double or triple the hourly rate and people will do it. 

Farming has based it's entire existence on cheap labour and now whatever years after brexit are still baying for foreign labour, most British business has become reliant on it and I honestly think they should be penalised over rewarded for their lack of foresight and I'm disgusted they're still looking for the taxpayer to get them out of the mire of their own making....

• Like 3