Rail strikes

29 minutes ago, Francie said:

You couldn't be on the same money as when you started flatop?probably would depend on how skilled you are imo.

Is it a goverment job,iv never really seen any other workplace being able to strike an not get sacked?

I'm just thinking out loud flatop don't mind me,f**k the gov lol

It's not a nationalised industry .

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work for Network Rail and the comments by Schapps are hilarious he keeps bleating on about how much drivers are paid Network Rail do not employ any drivers for one it’s the TOCs the train operating

Mick Lynch has been a breath of fresh air. He's trounced every interviewer and slippery politician he's been up against despite their training in public speaking, debating and media presentation. He's

@WILF In amongst the emos lol View of main stage with domes on way out Main stage at Eden project

Posted Images

15 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Cheers mate ill give it a listen, I'm a lyrics man so will be up my street.

14 hours ago, WILF said:

Yeah, I like lyrics too…..there’s some real hidden gems out there.

I also like little, almost hidden instrument sound/riffs within songs….can be guitar, piano, drums….anything and when you hear it, it’s magic ! 

If you two like lyrics have a listen to Frank Turner. Thatcher f****d the kids, photosynthesis, the road, eulogy, plain sailing weather, the next storm, recovery and a few others are fantastic and very relatable.

Not everyone grows up to be an astronaut
Not everyone was born to be a king
Not everyone can be Freddie Mercury
But everyone can raise their glass and sing
Well I haven't always been a perfect person
Well I haven't done what mum and dad had dreamed
But on the day I die, I'll say at least I f***ing tried
That's the only eulogy I need

• Like 1
7 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

It's not a nationalised industry .

Thanks for clearing that up tats,how are people not getting sacked,is it because of the unions?

I don't think a pump attendant would get away with it?

27 minutes ago, Francie said:

Thanks for clearing that up tats,how are people not getting sacked,is it because of the unions?

I don't think a pump attendant would get away with it?

Yes mate its because of the union's and they voted to strike with an overwhelming majority. I believe what they are standing up for is right it's time to say enough is enough when working folk are getting shat on from some of these company's hark back to how P&O carried on not so long ago were all their staff were sacked and replaced with cheap labour this could be a possibility on the rail network if it was not for a strong union.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

If you two like lyrics have a listen to Frank Turner. Thatcher f****d the kids, photosynthesis, the road, eulogy, plain sailing weather, the next storm, recovery and a few others are fantastic and very relatable.

Not everyone grows up to be an astronaut
Not everyone was born to be a king
Not everyone can be Freddie Mercury
But everyone can raise their glass and sing
Well I haven't always been a perfect person
Well I haven't done what mum and dad had dreamed
But on the day I die, I'll say at least I f***ing tried

He supported MCR at Eden project mate, was really good....listened to him a bit now, my girl really likes him as well...he's good live as well, proper entertainer..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Well maybe not directly....but they are the same thing

media_FVsDQBHWAAEERb0.jpg

media_FV2IvmNWUAAAJR4.png

He is from poor Anglo-Irish stock and worked on building sites before the railways. He has worked on the railway side of things for almost 20 years. That will be far more than any government minister tasked with sorting the strike issue.

• Like 1

Mick Lynch has been a breath of fresh air. He's trounced every interviewer and slippery politician he's been up against despite their training in public speaking, debating and media presentation. He's done it by speaking the truth: he's defending the people he represents from redundancies, a pay cut and and a change to their conditions of employment.

You can still identify as working class and be proud of your roots even  if you have a decent job and salary. 

If the Labour party stopped being so slimy and had more people like Lynch prepared to speak up against shit pay and conditions, it might stand a chance of being re_elected.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Wouldn't of known his name, good knowledge mate!, more than words reminds me of school.. 1990 maybe?

Can't remember what I did last week ! but that was somehow retained lol,that's the only track I can remember if theirs aswell .

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Mick Lynch has been a breath of fresh air. He's trounced every interviewer and slippery politician he's been up against despite their training in public speaking, debating and media presentation. He's done it by speaking the truth: he's defending the people he represents from redundancies, a pay cut and and a change to their conditions of employment.

You can still identify as working class and be proud of your roots even  if you have a decent job and salary. 

If the Labour party stopped being so slimy and had more people like Lynch prepared to speak up against shit pay and conditions, it might stand a chance of being re_elected.

I've never even heard the bloke speak.... So I admit I'm coming from a position of ignorance and am really just throwing in smart memes to appear to be clever.... 

....but...these people are hard left, and they can't be separated from the Labour Party and the fact that really, the hard left, the moderate left and dave down the road who votes Labour....are in a position of never speaking out against things like mass immigration. They may have come from a working background, they may talk the talk of the working man, but ultimately they would screw the lot of us just to be able to 'smash the tories'. 

If you don't have some left wing leanings at 18 you have no heart, if you don't have Conservative leanings at 30 you have never grown up, and if you are left wing at 50 your normally just a bitter has been anarchist or a traitor. (and by Conservative leaning I don't actually mean Conservative party) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not all union leaders are ultra left wing. But they have to be left of centre as it is the ones on the right side of centre who are usually screwing the workers. Bliar being the exception. 

4 hours ago, .357shooter said:

you know if your opinion is not the same as certain people on here you are wrong but these same certain people are never wrong.i think there is a word for people like these.

Wilf?  

• Haha 2
On 23/06/2022 at 10:29, Nicepix said:

He is from poor Anglo-Irish stock and worked on building sites before the railways. He has worked on the railway side of things for almost 20 years. That will be far more than any government minister tasked with sorting the strike issue.

So another Irish nationalist trying to rot the UK from the inside out, thanks for the heads up, the railways are a disgrace and the workers are just as bad hope they all lose their jobs ??

• Haha 1