I get a bit of plaque psoriasis on my forearms and feet - it itches sometimes but a good scrub and some V66 cream seems to help.

That said, I probably am at an age where I should take more care over my diet.

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my customers has it bad. I'm pleased cos he's a cnut ?  Cheers, D.

Scabby feckers ? Cheers, D.

lots of the the fungal infections the body can get ...like on toenails and stuff like that...they all feed of sugars...so most of them things are cleared up by removing  carbs.. when you look at

Posted Images

Diet is only a small part of it, psoriasis has a lot of triggers, I was asked to change my diet by the doctor and to cut out red meat, eggs and bread and it made no difference, stopping smoking made a big difference to me, with it been an autoimmune problem everything can affect it from what you eat to cold weather and environmental conditions, my doctor told me they still don’t fully understand it but the basics of it are somethings trigger your immune system to attack healthy cells and your body over produces skin cells ?

• Like 4

Ive never had nothing at all like it before but had an operation to reattatch some tendons in my right hand and it started got abit on my elbows back of my hand and if i get cut it starts there aswell. Horrible thing to have only thing ive found that knocks it back abit is Dovobet but even that is starting to not work like it was.

diets high in meat low in carbs and im fit as a flea so dont think its that tbh

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Anyone using topical steroid creams, be very careful as they thin the skin, especially Betnovate.

I do but in 2 week intervals and only once a day during the 2 weeks 

16 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Know a few lads with it..they drink quite heavily and put loads of  that shit up their noses...that combined with constantly lying to their Mrs ,when they ask them why they work but have no money on a Friday,would think poor diet/lifestyle choices/stress could be a reason for it ...

Totally agree dc boy used tae run about wae us had it and u just described him to a T

1 hour ago, jackthelad said:

Totally agree dc boy used tae run about wae us had it and u just described him to a T

Yrs ago I was working nights and was under alot of stress,I started getting patches of skin turning white(bit like Michael Jackson)started on my chest and spread all over my upper body,looked f***ing 2 tone?...I knocked the job on the head and over a few months it cleared up...I put it down to stress,eating takeouts and lack of sunlight....touch wood it's never come back?most lads I know who suffer with that psoriasis work long hrs,don't look after themselves to well,enjoy a drink and sniff... obviously that's not the case for everyone ?

It’s recommended that you only use the steroid creams for 2 weeks at a time because of skin thinning and you build up a tolerance to its effects, that’s one of the reasons I swap and change creams so often, when I was really bad with it the doctor gave me the strongest ointment he could and told me to use it twice a day for a month because thin skin is better than no skin, there’s no point just using the steroids, you have to moisturise a lot as well, a really good one Is something called skin stuff it used to be called stinky stuff for use on dogs

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s recommended that you only use the steroid creams for 2 weeks at a time because of skin thinning and you build up a tolerance to its effects, that’s one of the reasons I swap and change creams so often, when I was really bad with it the doctor gave me the strongest ointment he could and told me to use it twice a day for a month because thin skin is better than no skin, there’s no point just using the steroids, you have to moisturise a lot as well, a really good one Is something called skin stuff it used to be called stinky stuff for use on dogs

Have friends who have had it and some that still do. I'm no doctor, but when your body is coming out with external visible rashes, blotches, itchy skin etc.....the body is trying to tell you something isn't right on your insides. Stress is probably the most common reason and then immune system issues. Too much acid build up with carbs and sugars, you need to get some apple cider vinegar down a few times a day to help neutralise your levels and bacteria build up which commonly causes skin irritations. The last thing you want to do is cut out real food proteins from your diet like eggs, meat, fish, chicken etc which is essential for your cells in building a strong immune system. Any doctor that recommends that you do that is crackers imo! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Yrs ago I was working nights and was under alot of stress,I started getting patches of skin turning white(bit like Michael Jackson)started on my chest and spread all over my upper body,looked f***ing 2 tone?...I knocked the job on the head and over a few months it cleared up...I put it down to stress,eating takeouts and lack of sunlight....touch wood it's never come back?most lads I know who suffer with that psoriasis work long hrs,don't look after themselves to well,enjoy a drink and sniff... obviously that's not the case for everyone ?

happened to me about 8 month ago different colour patches on me chest i though fungal infection dr said it was psoriasis give me some cream but never used it cleared up now 

16 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

happened to me about 8 month ago different colour patches on me chest i though fungal infection dr said it was psoriasis give me some cream but never used it cleared up now 

you and dc talking about different things ....Vitiligo....is the light coloured skin patches ...I have it on my hands ...and a touch on my chin

it's harmless and causes no discomfort...just looks odd...in winter you can't really see it...but now I'm getting a tan you can see it as it doesn't take a tan...

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Have friends who have had it and some that still do. I'm no doctor, but when your body is coming out with external visible rashes, blotches, itchy skin etc.....the body is trying to tell you something isn't right on your insides. Stress is probably the most common reason and then immune system issues. Too much acid build up with carbs and sugars, you need to get some apple cider vinegar down a few times a day to help neutralise your levels and bacteria build up which commonly causes skin irritations. The last thing you want to do is cut out real food proteins from your diet like eggs, meat, fish, chicken etc which is essential for your cells in building a strong immune system. Any doctor that recommends that you do that is crackers imo! 

It’s not about cutting out real foods, it’s finding what triggers the condition, it’s know that red meat especially beef is a contributing factor to some kinds of psoriasis, smoking was a big one for me, mine got a lot better almost as soon as I stopped, for some people stress is a trigger, not for me, if I was any more laid back I’d fall over, psoriasis isn’t an infection it’s main thing is the over production of skin cells caused by an autoimmune disorder and they think it’s triggered by your immune system fighting things it doesn’t need to, like healthy cells ?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I was listening to a sound bite other day with that Jordan Peterson an he was saying him an his daughter suffer from lots a diff symptoms an ailments but generally down to shore immune systems an he said his daughter went on a serious carnivore diet an it sorted it out, he followed suit an same agajn he started feeling and getting better??  If I see Clip again I’ll post it ?

Beef and salt must get boring and awkward but theres definitely benefits to that carnivore diet if your lifestyle allows it. I think body benifits from breaks and changes though myself. When your on that carnivore or keto you can smell the sugar in stuff last time on keto i could smell an open can of coke just shows ya how much shit our body must filter out of stuff but i cant see them diets bieng ideal in the longterm myself

Edited by C.green
  • Like 3