Collie cross Whippet

There's a litter of 3/4 collie 1/4 whippets on Pets4Homes at the moment. They're based in Neath...don't know if the breeder is on here or not.

I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet, but it seems as though both parents are good workers. Also, they're not merles...nothing against merles per se but I can't help noticing how many people advertise lurchers as merles when there's virtually no collie in them which would lead me to believe they've been bred for colour as opposed to temperament, working ability etc. Just saying.?

The blurb with the litter says the dam climbs trees for squirrels. I thought my little bitch was a decent tree climber but, from the photo in the ad, this one's more agile than mine.?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would go to the greyhound first then go back to the whippet that's just me now here's collie x greyhound x whippet all the best witch ever way you go 

Cross them and get the best of both worlds.   

? Yeah, I get what folk are saying with regards to the tractability of Greyhounds,...but,...we have to remember that the majority of these superlative canine athletes , have been conditioned to go wit

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Neal said:

There's a litter of 3/4 collie 1/4 whippets on Pets4Homes at the moment. They're based in Neath...don't know if the breeder is on here or not.

I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet, but it seems as though both parents are good workers. Also, they're not merles...nothing against merles per se but I can't help noticing how many people advertise lurchers as merles when there's virtually no collie in them which would lead me to believe they've been bred for colour as opposed to temperament, working ability etc. Just saying.?

The blurb with the litter says the dam climbs trees for squirrels. I thought my little bitch was a decent tree climber but, from the photo in the ad, this one's more agile than mine.?

this one's not bad 

Screenshot_20191025_142056_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20191025_142213_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

this one's not bad 

Screenshot_20191025_142056_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20191025_142213_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I think I've probably got a few photos of Skye up a tree somewhere. I'll see if I can find them. I don't think she ever got as far up as yours or the bitch in the advert though.? Has yours got some grey fox blood in it??