Young running dog - first season

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He’d be about 15mths now and shaping up to be a handy fox dog. Mum was whip/bull/grey father was grey/Irish and Airedale terriers.

Thanks can you put some pics up when you’ve done it as proof ?

Always baffles me how everyone with them tracking collars leaves that massive peice of the collar flapping around, is there a reason why people don’t cut it off? It’s as if the collar has been made bi

Posted Images

22 hours ago, bird said:

nice dog that , plenty of grit in with  bull, and the other 2 terriers , what it height   25 in ?   what it like with sheep , as there be loads over in your country .

Thanks mate, he doesn’t seem to have a backwards step in him yet. Yep he’s a fraction under 25”. 

He’s fine with sheep, I was lucky to have some of my own for the first 6 months of having him as a pup. 

1 hour ago, Clem said:

Thanks mate, he doesn’t seem to have a backwards step in him yet. Yep he’s a fraction under 25”. 

He’s fine with sheep, I was lucky to have some of my own for the first 6 months of having him as a pup. 

thats spot on that, bring them up with sheep  when a pup, ive always done the same with all my lurchers that ive had, where i lived before, they 120 acres , i know that nothing to what you lads have got over there lol, but they had 250 sheep on it, and few cattle, it was just small farm, but i had all the rabbit permission  on it back then. So  i take my pups out every day from 9 weeks old , in with the sheep, and having a old dog showing my pup, it made the job very easy with my pup. But he only ever had one blip, and that was when he pulled few munjack over few times , he was ok , came down hard on him, and never looked back with him . ive had him kill couple foxes in the past, brought the fox back to me right  through the sheep, he been brill with all stock  , it looked quite funny few times with young lambs following  him about, with his size, feck knows what they think he is,  lol

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Clem said:

Sleep soundly tonight mate ?

00FF1795-989B-4704-B41A-A89F45D43D29.jpeg

I wouldn’t have done that, if you get a bigger dog next time that collar would be useless if it’s too small, don’t bow to peer pressure from anybody on here, wonder if fensarefar cuts his collars down for his skinny necked saluki shit

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Clem said:

Sleep soundly tonight mate ?

00FF1795-989B-4704-B41A-A89F45D43D29.jpeg

Wouldn’t of done that mate in case need it for dog with a bigger neck , should just looped it back through ,f**k what people  think on here mate most  don’t walk there dogs often enough to need a collar and lead 

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

I wouldn’t have done that, if you get a bigger dog next time that collar would be useless if it’s too small, don’t bow to peer pressure from anybody on here, wonder if fensarefar cuts his collars down for his skinny necked saluki shit

f**k me what is he going to get next a Great Dane, it would still be too big for that, chill out dude I was only having a laugh, and a puppy collar will still fit my skinny necked saluki shit ?

48 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

Don’t bow down to peer pressure ? made me laugh that, I wasn’t forcing him into dropping his first ecstasy tablet ?

• Haha 1
On 17/06/2022 at 12:34, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Always baffles me how everyone with them tracking collars leaves that massive peice of the collar flapping around, is there a reason why people don’t cut it off? It’s as if the collar has been made big enough to fit around a cows neck ?

I double mine back through the buckle and back again, locks in in nicely. Never had a problem with it.