4 hours ago, steve66 said:

Watching some sea bass tonight at swanage in very shallow water,only had my lrf rod with me , just wonder what rod you’d need for them ?

I recently got an hto nebula 9ft 12-42g to have a go for bass . Was going to get the 7-35g one but decided to go with a bit more power . 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, steve66 said:

Cheers Neil ,first time I’ve ever seen them  
what lures would you use ? 

I’ve bought a savage gravity stick box set and savage sandeel’s plus some metals like the savage seeker and hard baits from mechanic lures , duo , xorus , tacklehouse , longin , ima , savage and heddon .Lure fishing for bass is a good shop to look for gear and places like mr fish and chesil bait n tackle 

78BCCB90-D6CF-4977-AF8F-513E8A77538F.jpeg

96AD3BEF-A272-42B7-A010-4C86ED08ADE8.jpeg

1DAE9FB8-70BF-4468-8D67-DFE326CFEAE7.jpeg

Edited by neil r
Forgot something
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

Any rod will land bass, its down to the angler.

Lure wise it's just the day; patchinko, Black minnow, 360 gts, bass stixs, dexter wedge, savage sandeel, line through ..... the list is endless and they all work

Your right there I remember when we were fishing for salmon all the lads 100 pound rods and reels this young lads walks up open a kids rod out of a bag think he paid 10 for it wee give him a bunch of worms and he got a fish whith in 20 minutes wee all just looked at each other and smiled ? it was 4 pound salmon I've all ways said this the fish dosint know if u have payed 100 pound for your rod and 200 pound for reel that's the spot were he got it ? ? 

IMG-20220608-WA0008.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

Your right there I remember when we were fishing for salmon all the lads 100 pound rods and reels this young lads walks up open a kids rod out of a bag think he paid 10 for it wee give him a bunch of worms and he got a fish whith in 20 minutes wee all just looked at each other and smiled ? it was 4 pound salmon I've all ways said this the fish dosint know if u have payed 100 pound for your rod and 200 pound for reel that's the spot were he got it ? ? 

IMG-20220608-WA0008.jpg

I can remember a similar thing happening to us; on a platform bassing with our 'posh' gear and a young lad jumped down with a feeder rod. 10 mins later him and his 2 bass where gone

• Like 2
11 hours ago, neil r said:

I’ve bought a savage gravity stick box set and savage sandeel’s plus some metals like the savage seeker and hard baits from mechanic lures , duo , xorus , tacklehouse , longin , ima , savage and heddon .Lure fishing for bass is a good shop to look for gear and places like mr fish and chesil bait n tackle 

78BCCB90-D6CF-4977-AF8F-513E8A77538F.jpeg

96AD3BEF-A272-42B7-A010-4C86ED08ADE8.jpeg

1DAE9FB8-70BF-4468-8D67-DFE326CFEAE7.jpeg

Been to Portland today ,never thought of calling in cheaply bay tackle shop 

• Like 1