New trap is a little too sensitive

Yeeeep going over some trail can footage of on cages I'm working on and had one what was Tiggered but no catch. Figured some got caught and wiggled lout but nope

Trap triggered with out him even touching the trigger some how... Weird ,guess I need to tweak the sensitivity lol

• Like 1

:hmm: Not sure how / where the trigger is there, Wolfie. But, he was doing enough touching and shoving in there, to begin with.

I find aggravating shit like that can rattle a trigger sometimes. Especially prone in finer set traps when there's a round piece involved.

Hard to elaborate on my meaning, with keys. But, two Flat surfaces disengage more positively, don't ye find? They either do, or they don't. There's no middle ground.

Flat caught against a round? While it can provide a more 'Hair' trigger effect, it's also more prone to being able go get 'loosened' by previous disturbance.

It's like gravity takes a hand. That make sense?

Not saying it Was the case there. Just something for the discussion :good:

On 16/06/2022 at 15:24, The one said:

Was the door coming in from the side ? if it was on the tunnel roof would it not push him into the trap ?.

Yep it was found from the side. These traps are powered and wider on one side then the other so you can set them upside down on there sides and right side up and they all fire the same . Deal is these aren't swing in doors. Those are a plain to build ,just don't the springs is annoying as hell. These are swing out colony doors. Here one with out the trigger and springs 

IMG_20220607_201015762.jpg.1cd791fdd3316fd15d222241beee825c.jpg

The trade off with these though is you Daniel has to be past the door or they get slapped out of the trap.  Most of these type trap actually have to be longer in since compared to someone like Comstock slap in doors 279170860_images(61).jpeg.0319ff107b07c77f608aff2b023e1977.jpeg

Actually the trap wasn't suppose to far until he was half way at though but idk what happened 

IMG_20220607_201042715.jpg

IMG_20220607_201042715.jpg

IMG_20220610_080109550_HDR.jpg.5fe7bd178c71b9a5c62d5bd73d3feddc.jpg

On 16/06/2022 at 07:26, Ken's Deputy said:

:hmm: Not sure how / where the trigger is there, Wolfie. But, he was doing enough touching and shoving in there, to begin with.

I find aggravating shit like that can rattle a trigger sometimes. Especially prone in finer set traps when there's a round piece involved.

Hard to elaborate on my meaning, with keys. But, two Flat surfaces disengage more positively, don't ye find? They either do, or they don't. There's no middle ground.

Flat caught against a round? While it can provide a more 'Hair' trigger effect, it's also more prone to being able go get 'loosened' by previous disturbance.

It's like gravity takes a hand. That make sense?

Not saying it Was the case there. Just something for the discussion :good:

I think I get what your say ?? and the Tigger is basically a set of conibear wires on a bar that supports a rod that the doors hook to.  Animal tries to push though the wires like a conibear with pushes the bar away and lest the doors drop.

IMG_20220610_080104368.jpg