• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been out to change some camera SD cards and walk the hounds and saw this, caught a flash of white disappear through a hedge when I ran round the other side I saw 5/6 roe sneaking off including a

I may be mistaken ,I only caught a glimpse and he was moving real fast ,but driving through Bradford I am 90% sure I spotted a Whiteman ,at first I thought it was an albino paki but  he  looked quite

Leucistic starling,  Newquay couple of weeks ago. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Chid said:

leucisitic I think is the right term not partial albino

Probably, I didn’t bother looking it up it’s just something I see in the morning when I’m out with the dogs . When I used to fly the birds on the tip I had a few crows with the same thing . There was one that I didn’t get that looked like like someone had drawn a chalk line right round both wings 

2 hours ago, Chid said:

leucisitic I think is the right term not partial albino

Yep, leucistic will have normal eyes/feet/beak and can still have some coloured feathers making a pied wheres an albino produces no melanin at all so can't be pied and will have pale beak/feet and red eyes.

In my lifetime, so far, I've seen, albino foxes, albino badgers and an albino fallow buck. The genetic malfunction is not that uncommon, but sadly they usually don't last very long in the wild....

5 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

In my lifetime, so far, I've seen, albino foxes, albino badgers and an albino fallow buck. The genetic malfunction is not that uncommon, but sadly they usually don't last very long in the wild....

I’ve seen an albino badger and a white one ..seen hundreds of white fallow , never seen a true albino one ..

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, sussex said:

I’ve seen an albino badger and a white one ..seen hundreds of white fallow , never seen a true albino one ..

Sussex, your right... The fallow i seen was white but I'm unsure if it was a true albino (unusual for the NW none the less..)

1 minute ago, Bosun11 said:

Sussex, your right... The fallow i seen was white but I'm unsure if it was a true albino (unusual for the NW none the less..)

there's a herd of them at welbeck estate in North notts