5 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I had denning Russells and this Parson when I lived out west further and lost all the terriers to brown snakes but him. He isn't as game as the others were and more careful but has killed over 30 brown snakes. The farm was over run with them. I had snake proof runs and tried to keep the dogs away but they were everywhere. 

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

Fair dinkum, fearless little fellas aren't they. Good looking dogs, are these dogs pictured from the fella in orange?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FurryWanderer said:

, are these dogs pictured from the fella in orange?

The parson at the front and the small bitch at the back are. She was a very game bitch, too game. Even my pit/ am bulldog guard dogs didn't mess with her, but very gentle with people. Very sad when she died at 3 years. Pic when she came home from the vet after first bite nearly $3000 spent only to die from a second bite a couple of weeks later. She was a beauty.

IMG_0742.JPG

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

The parson at the front and the small bitch at the back are. She was a very game bitch, too game. Even my pit/ am bulldog guard dogs didn't mess with her, but very gentle with people. Very sad when she died at 3 years. Pic when she came home from the vet after first bite nearly $3000 spent only to die from a second bite a couple of weeks later. She was a beauty.

IMG_0742.JPG

No good mate, they're a tough dog, too tough for their own good sometimes

Edited by FurryWanderer
  • Like 1
On 13/06/2022 at 08:30, Aussie Whip said:

IMG_0742.JPG

Now I no why you whack them with a shovel ,it must be hard living in area with lots about and heart breaking to loose a dog "dogs ," to bites  

• Thanks 1
On 27/06/2022 at 23:06, Moocher71 said:

Now I no why you whack them with a shovel ,it must be hard living in area with lots about and heart breaking to loose a dog "dogs ," to bites  

It could have been my grandson bitten and just a waste of a good terrier. I just can't bring myself to like snakes, probably because most around my area are deadly. I had a close call with one and was trapped behind a shed but saved by my blue whippet/ stag. I had no phone or car at the time and no close neighbors so I would have been dead for sure.

• Like 1