MY OWN LEFT-HAND PRO SPORT. .22

This is my Pro Sport as I reshaped it for my left hand shooting. It has been a faithful hunting companion for some years now and has the lost filigree and acanthus leaf scrolls redrawn and carved by me. There is nothing like owning and shooting with an astounding quality rifle that compliments your shooting as much as this gun does. 

I know Air Arms have finally released a new left hand production Pro Sport but , it's come somewhat too late. 

I'm more than happy with what I now have here.post-53503-0-61961300-1494198303.jpgpost-53503-0-48345800-1494198466.jpgpost-53503-0-44978100-1494198496.jpgpost-53503-0-84669300-1494198510.jpg20210307_161839.jpg.38da5b4080186bd1fc74d3d9f9cca60d.jpg20210307_161833.jpg.ad95dc2f1611ce3bd33930d63f09ef43.jpg20210307_161814.jpg.ae0ee802568810d1bf7a1520e150f988.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomburras said:

Looks really nice Simon you beat air arms to the job and made it better ?

Thank you so much Tom. 

I spent ages fruitlessly writing to Air Arms asking why this flagship air rifle was not available to us lefties. I finally got a reply to the effect there was no commercial value in making it thus! Considering that, so I believe, the head of Air Arms was a left-hander and 1 in 3 are left handed I found that to be unsatisfactory.

There followed a very brief run of left hand stock/right hand action rifles. But I say again. Only a brief period of production rifles. I didn't manage to snap one up before they were sold out. That should have told Air Arms something but it didn't. 

But in the end,  the thing is, the rifle I have here is set perfectly to my hand and shoulder. Way more comfortable than a factory stock will be. 

I am seriously considering looking for a mint second hand .177 Pro Sport that I can slot into a stock that Jimmy Bigmac97 here fashioned for me  from a factory beech stock. That stock is not only superbly recreated and re-crafted  by Jimmy but, is absolutely beautiful to my fit and shoulder.

Afraid anything Air Arms do now is way too late for me now. 

Best regards.

Simon. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, JakeFury said:

Oh man..... I'd love to be able to do that. I'm good with my hands I can make some fantastic machines and have done... Unfortunately I draw Badly.... I'd make a hash of it. 

Jake it's easy all you have to do is 

TAKE YOUR TIME 

Little bits at a time 

I mean don't do it to a top class stock and new like Simon did 

But he did have the one I did to get the jist of it 

But I do know Simon was a bit toung in cheek a few times lol

But just look at what he did it's stunning 

He sent it up to me to check over and finish off 

But he had done that good of a job on it there was nothing for me to do bar a little sanding 

If you put doubt in ur head before you start then you will mess it up 

Think positive and you will succeed 

Jake 

Simon it's still beautiful my old friend 

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...
On 15/06/2022 at 09:57, j j m said:

looks very nice simon

Cheers Jjm. 

She's still shooting just brilliantly well. As accurate as any .22 PCP l have ever shot with. And no dive tank required! I haven't been tempted by another rifle to come even close to this one of mine.

Best regards.

Simon. 

4 hours ago, philpot said:

I prefer not to shoot next to Simon because having witnessed him shoot ...................................he is far too bloody good. ?

Phil

Come on  phil it’s not hard is it  even girl could show you up  ????

• Haha 1