Any one done any hunting with bow ,xbow and what was you taking and what bow ?

I no in states bows are used for deer ,bear but are they going down in first hit.

And his they any European countries that allow hunting with bows 

I'd like to hunt with a bow, after a bit of practice of course.

I think you'd be lucky to drop anything big on the spot - it looks like the idea is to create a large wound channel with a broadhead then, find your prey. Probably not too difficult to do when they're bleeding as they run.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Was a lad on here Daniel G,lived out in the states for 10 yrs , enjoyed hunting with a bow, believe he had shot black bear etc,he had a lurcher pup off me?

I'm thinking of getting a bow as they a range local to me that puts targets out in the woods etc but I'd love to hunt with one 

1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

I'd like to hunt with a bow, after a bit of practice of course.

I think you'd be lucky to drop anything big on the spot - it looks like the idea is to create a large wound channel with a broadhead then, find your prey. Probably not too difficult to do when they're bleeding as they run.

I'd love to give it a go ,there's a archery range with woodland Close to my house so thinking about joining and see how I get on ,shame we not allowed to use bows for hunting in UK 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I'd love to give it a go ,there's a archery range with woodland Close to my house so thinking about joining and see how I get on ,shame we not allowed to use bows for hunting in UK 

Tim Wells on youtube does some awsome stuff...

• Like 1

i never got me head round this form of hunting, ive seen few vids of it , and if hit there  quarry, it never quick death . ok you get the odd few hunters that are very good , do good job , got no prob with that , but on average  there not . And ive had go few times just practice  with bow, and i was not to bad, when i was younger  had good vision, for = rifle, shotgun, air rifle  used have good eye site, but glaucoma   fooked me right eye a bit now .

• Like 4

France, the Netherlands to mention,  but several other European countries  allow it. Most though insist on I think yearly tests for accuracy etc to get a permit. 

Me and the Mrs belong to a field archery club, we also have our own 3d target range here, personally I think I'm fairly good on a good day, but sometimes I loose an arrow and it's a gut shot or similar and I think thank fook that wasn't a real animal. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, bird said:

i never got me head round this form of hunting, ive seen few vids of it , and if hit there  quarry, it never quick death . ok you get the odd few hunters that are very good , do good job , got no prob with that , but on average  there not . And ive had go few times just practice  with bow, and i was not to bad, when i was younger  had good vision, for = rifle, shotgun, air rifle  used have good eye site, but glaucoma   fooked me right eye a bit now .

Sort of agree ,they only run on and bleed out ,the big bears I've seen shot ,it's like they've been stung ,but a bit more severe in the end for them ,but hey ho never knock someone else's hobbies ,querks ,we are all wronguns to someone ! 

• Like 5

I used to do a lot of archery with the nfas but stopped a while back, my mate still shoots and the 3D champs was the other week at thoresby hall. Broadhead arrows are designed to kill by haemorrhage.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Sort of agree ,they only run on and bleed out ,the big bears I've seen shot ,it's like they've been stung ,but a bit more severe in the end for them ,but hey ho never knock someone else's hobbies ,querks ,we are all wronguns to someone ! 

But not all bullets drop stuff and it runs on and if you not find it ,it suffers.