Rabbit numbers

You wait for the end of season - we are ferreting flat out, purse nets, long nets etc and just can’t get round all of the permo and catch all of the rabbits we have to go at. But woe betide anyone who poaches a few...... we shall tell the keepers and burn out their van ........ type posts ? 

You know I’m right ? 

• Haha 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

numbers have been poor for years here. I mainly mooch, foraging I call it. always have a catty in my pocket, sometimes take a ferret and half a dozen nets. sometimes gat a rabbit and a pheasant, other

Well said ? I had my last two lurchers put down due to illness and at 70 I had thoughts about giving up the game, but that didn't last long and I got myself a deer/grey pup. The pup, the pou

? I can't ever see the rabbits coming back in numbers, in my area... They have taken too much stick over the last few decades, and apart from the usual Summer crop , where you seem to see conies

Posted Images

On 19/06/2022 at 21:08, dytkos said:

U in t

Not gainsaying you mate but would the contractors at least hose off their gear between jobs? 

Cheers, D.

only time I've ever seen it,is when they use machines for clearing that knot weed shit?

This is a local spot to me and for years only odd few...this year its gone crazy, poor farmers gonna loose half a field soon! This weekends job is to nip in and see him, see if he is aware of the damage and maybd gain some permission off the back of it 

20220626_193251.jpg

20220626_192812.jpg

20220626_192841.jpg

20220626_192851.jpg

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, wyluke said:

This is a local spot to me and for years only odd few...this year its gone crazy, poor farmers gonna loose half a field soon! This weekends job is to nip in and see him, see if he is aware of the damage and maybd gain some permission off the back of it 

20220626_193251.jpg

20220626_192812.jpg

20220626_192841.jpg

20220626_192851.jpg

there isn't any poor farmers mate. 

• Like 1
On 02/07/2022 at 07:09, wyluke said:

20220626_193251.jpg

20220626_192812.jpg

20220626_192841.jpg

20220626_192851.jpg

How did you get on regarding the permission 

Couple places I've been to are holding acouple rabbits but nothing much , I recon by time season comes mixy and natural predation would of wiped most of them out, unless I'm willing to travel 2 or 3 hours then am not getting any decent numbers this season same as the last 4 season befor it , rabbit number in most the places are low to none existing, won't be long till I'm packing in and getting an allotment lol 

• Like 1
On 07/07/2022 at 22:06, Chaseorbechased said:

How did you get on regarding the permission 

Farmer said no, not because he didnt want to, but there is a syndicate who pay to shoot on his land and apparently they are going to sort it. I did get the horse field on the opposite side, which i think is part of same warrens ?

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, wyluke said:

Farmer said no, not because he didnt want to, but there is a syndicate who pay to shoot on his land and apparently they are going to sort it. I did get the horse field on the opposite side, which i think is part of same warrens ?

They probably don't want 2 sort it but said that as they felt obliged, most syndicate members just want 2 pay the money and turn up on shoot days ,find out who the are bet they let u if u offer 2 beat 

Failing that it gets dark ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wyluke said:

That syndicate are doing a shit job the picture speaks for itself that field should be easy to control, keep on at him I’m sure he will get pissed off losing that amount of  crop good luck ?

• Like 1

To be frank, I'd be more worried about RCD, it keeps on killing for many years. You start to notice that a few rabbits are getting about, then they just disappear overnight it would seem. The virus can wait, for up to a year, down a rabbit warren, for a host to return. It can be carried on footwear & clothing only adds to how effective its spread can be. The silent death.

Edited by toolebox