Hound x lurcher

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big shaggy dog was hound X,over a beddy bull grey bitch bottom pic, bred the smooth bitch,middle picture.. neither ever made more noise than a normal lurcher...

I seen this young dog come up for rehoming today and thought he looked a bit long in the leg and wondered wether there be some sighthound in him? I know next to nothing of the breed though so probably

Wouldn’t be bred for lamping really , when ever this breed comes up people think about speaking on the lamp , there used for day time hunting a lot in wales , got family there few lads use them , yes

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Not all hounds like the sharp end. A lot will hold back same as lurchers. You would need to select your hound carefully.

Same as anything dog your using to breed , I’m moving to wales soon to be closer to my daughter so may have to look abit closer at these types 

On 09/06/2022 at 13:01, Sammyballer said:

Iv seen a few Welsh houndx seem to have a decent coat , lads usually use a nice big dog hound thst doesn’t mind teeth we both now a lot of hounds are pretty shy of teeth unless there in a pack , i seen a dog out of a bullx to a harrier bitch couple seens ago real nice dog 

Now it funny you say that regards some hounds hold off  a fox, unless they got few mates with them. I was quite surprised really, as some foxhounds are massive, I thought Buck was big, but some of them males hit 30 in 110lb, big thick bone on them. Dogs are strange creatures really, Buck certs passive with people /kids dogs, and yet wreak a fox, carry back proud as punch to me lol

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, bird said:

Now it funny you say that regards some hounds hold off  a fox, unless they got few mates with them. I was quite surprised really, as some foxhounds are massive, I thought Buck was big, but some of them males hit 30 in 110lb, big thick bone on them. Dogs are strange creatures really, Buck certs passive with people /kids dogs, and yet wreak a fox, carry back proud as punch to me lol

Mate I had a 5kg terrier kill a couple foxes ? tell me more about this buck you seem to really like the dog 

1 hour ago, Sammyballer said:

Mate I had a 5kg terrier kill a couple foxes ? tell me more about this buck you seem to really like the dog 

Buck is a straight cross between a GSD and a grey. Takes all quarry. Great temperament. Bird has promised me a pup as soon as he puts him across a decent bitch.?

2 hours ago, Sammyballer said:

That's very true, plenty good brave terriers 5-6kg kill   foxes under ground, I've always admire a good terrier, we got little jack with chihuahua in him little woody, only 5kg 11lb, he the boss at home deff in garden. And as said before on Buck fookin scared of him, yet he switch it on, and wreak a fox or bloody cat if bumped into one when out.? 

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Buck is a straight cross between a GSD and a grey. Takes all quarry. Great temperament. Bird has promised me a pup as soon as he puts him across a decent bitch.?

He to old now mate, he 10 in august, if they had few bitches before you can still breed from them true. But if they not bred before, they sperm get weaker, and very difficult to produce. I do know one thing though, I know I find it hard to get a temp as his as good with. People/kids and dogs. I said to my wife that when Buck gone couple years time maybe. I get me a mature dog, just as a pet , unless I drop lucky I think find it hard, he been good in the field and at home?

• Like 2

I seen this young dog come up for rehoming today and thought he looked a bit long in the leg and wondered wether there be some sighthound in him? I know next to nothing of the breed though so probably wrong! if I had the space I’d have him.   

DFCC7768-BB66-4691-BBC4-83661E6906C4.png.0abdd5748bc3ba41dcd94e97fefc8d91.png

0293DAD8-FB59-4C00-8851-554FB292EC4B.png

Edited by Samrog
  • Like 4