None of this rubberised, textured palm, keep ye finger tips clean shit, thanks. I want to Work in them. Not have a strange wank :rolleyes:

Saw a video. Real, Texan Good Old Boy type. He incidentally mentioned, as an aside, these gloves he wore. White hide they were. I thought I remembered " White Buffalo ". But, nothing comes up.

I remember him saying; when a strand of cable's broken, and your hand's running along that cable? These are the only fukkers he's found that'll really save ye. Still US made, at that time.

Something like that. But, so ye can still get ye dick out without clubbing yeself to death.

Anyone? :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a pair just like those for when I clean and lube my .177 pellets  

Could they have been white tail deer hide? I've seen work gloves made of that before   EDIT: Like this? Amazon.com WWW.AMAZON.COM  

Have a look at 'Rodeo gloves' - was it anything like those?   Pretty pricey though.

Posted Images

Certainly not white tailed deer. I'd have noticed that.

See; Those ones seem a bit 'Thick'. Someone links to these CLC ones. But, search UK for them and we're straight back amongst the rubbery, grippy stuff.

I found myself looking at VGO ones. What I believe they call the " Impact " type gloves? They certainly look the bollocks and would cover just about everything.

It's just that these 'White' what ever ones just looked tough gloves that a man could wear without anyone thinking he'd seen " Tactical " in their description ?

Basically, they stood on their own. No thrills.

A pal of mine who worked on the rigs used to bring me a hold-all of gear back now and again.

It included a couple of pairs of "Buffalo" gloves. I think that is the trade or manufactures name.

As you say, they were thick, yellow leather with red cambrelle lining.

Far too heavy for any dexterous work, but fine for pulling brambles, etc.

The rest of the gear was "Red Wing", yank gear that we also used in Saudi, top class, expensive kit, maybe the gloves were a subsidiary of "Red Wing" ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

23 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Have a look at 'Rodeo gloves' - was it anything like those?

Pretty pricey though.

Ah, now see; They Look expensive, don't they?  I'll bet they creak and squeak as ye putting them on too. Whilst looking someone dead in the eye ..... :icon_eek:

The Milwaukee ones just look a bit clumpy, don't they? Very squared looking finger tips :hmm:

Now, Charts; These things were white. Not yellow. Chrome tanning, see? I'm bloody sure they were white by name too. Really annoying me now, as I'm sure I checked them out, on Amazon, at the time! :wallbash:

'Red Wing'?! Fukk, Yeah!!! Something like three pairs of their boots over an entire career, isn't it?! :icon_eek:

No. I think these gloves were about $25.00 a pair. He wasn't the only guy I saw wearing them either. Just a Really good, bog basic, no thrills work a day glove.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

None of this rubberised, textured palm, keep ye finger tips clean shit, thanks. I want to Work in them. Not have a strange wank :rolleyes:

Saw a video. Real, Texan Good Old Boy type. He incidentally mentioned, as an aside, these gloves he wore. White hide they were. I thought I remembered " White Buffalo ". But, nothing comes up.

I remember him saying; when a strand of cable's broken, and your hand's running along that cable? These are the only fukkers he's found that'll really save ye. Still US made, at that time.

Something like that. But, so ye can still get ye dick out without clubbing yeself to death.

Anyone? :)

White Buffalo Gloves, Bordered Size 9 : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools  could they have been these but there out of stock 

• Like 1
WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Shop at Amazon.co.uk for Premium Fleece Lined Yellow Leather Winter Thermal Cold Work Gloves PPE HGV Lorry, Garden, Grip Builders One Pair X-Large XL 10 :...

Cheers Arry

17 minutes ago, mackem said:

We're they pigskin or deerhide?

? Dunno, mate. Honestly can't remember them particularly being either!

It's really bugging me. I mean, here's a guy who's just taken all the fukking guess work out of it. He'd tried them all. Every day. Really tried them.

He knows which shrink. Which come unstitched. Which ones won't actually stop a steel wire. And he's told us. And they're really reasonably priced too.

And I've gone and fukking forgotten!!!

Greg, that may well have been them! :icon_eek: Maybe that's why I never grabbed some at the time? Out of fukking stock! (That Would explain a lot! ?)

Has to be them, doesn't it? White gloves. Called 'White Buffalo'. (Where else would I have got such a name from?) Specifically mentions shit like sweat?

I'd say that'd be them, mate.

Fukk! Now I have to go and buy something else. On spec :(

Thanks, lads. We Tried!

• Like 1