I have moved

to Överkalix close to the arctic circle after I got a new job within forestry I have bought a new house close to Swedens best salmon river. Plenty of opportunitys for small game and fishing

A couple of spring photos by  the river during the spring flood now in may-june. A forrest with Mallard ducks.

vårflod kalix älv.jpg

vårflod 2.jpg

duck forrest.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Let me know if any more jobs turn up, I like me job an all but that could ? sure  tempt me away ?? postcard beautiful mate 

Just now its like a gold rush here in the north plenty of jobs,

Just now, W. Katchum said:

That’s okay that unless it’s gruelling back breaking work, fair play pal, do you have to pay to fish the river, any the decent salmon rivers here are either daft money or you can’t get on unless you know right folk, or willing to  go night walking ?

Yes what is an ok pay relative to ordinary Swedish salorys, I just bought an expensive house (for the area) for ~60000£. Most jobs are adapted to modern standards and are subject to union regulations. For fishing you just pay the local fee.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, KimE said:

to Överkalix close to the arctic circle after I got a new job within forestry I have bought a new house close to Swedens best salmon river. Plenty of opportunitys for small game and fishing

A couple of spring photos by  the river during the spring flood now in may-june. A forrest with Mallard ducks.

vårflod kalix älv.jpg

vårflod 2.jpg

duck forrest.jpg

It’s wonderful, you’ll be freezing your bollocks off by October ! Lol ? 

I was born in to this climate in october, most times of the year I can find hunting and fishing opponunitys even in the coldest months.

Edited by KimE
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I can blag, I mean turn me hand to anything ?

I am not a great fisherman but you can visit me(for fishig or hunting) and make yourself your own oppinion of the possibilitys up here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Is there really! Doing what ? an what’s the money like ?

What was his name off here went over to do the slaughterhouse job. Loads of money in the Nordics mate ;)

Mate of mine worked in Norway for 5 years shoveling snow off house roofs (obviously not in the summer lol). 5years and he earned a full pension, at last value worth 40k€ a year.