What sort of season are we predicting? 

I did quite a busy nest yesterday, I've had 1 in my pigeon kit box and I've got 2 on my house. Saw one on our kids house as well. Could be a massive year.... 

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never really understood the thinking behind "bug hotels". My problem has  nothing to do with the admirable concept of providing insect habitat. It's  the name. Surely if fish live in a

I've had calls most days for the last three weeks. Broke my "stay local" rule last week and went to do a nest about ten miles away. When l arrived the customer  was out but the cleaner was there

Only done one this year. As you can see I disposed of the nest ethically  

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I've had calls most days for the last three weeks.

Broke my "stay local" rule last week and went to do a nest about ten miles away. When l arrived the customer  was out but the cleaner was there and  had been told to expect me.

She was indeed expecting me but frustratingly  hadn't  been told where the nest was . A scout about revealed that there actually four nests in various parts of the  cottage  l showed them to cleaning lady for confirmation , did the deed and left an invoice.

My triumph lasted just long enough for me to drive back to my home patch . Whereupon came  a phone call from a happy customer .

Unfortunatly ,grateful as they were to me for ridfing their cottage of nests ; they would've been even happier if l'd treated the one  nest they actually knew about  ; which was  in the vegetable garden!?

Ne'r mind ..... l think it bodes well for a busy Summer. ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Got this one in my allotment shed !

FullSizeRender.jpg.7035045b601d0d55c532553980f28ea3.jpg

Would one of those smoke bombs clear it ?

Cheers.

Not ideal as it won't kill the wasps that turn up later. Might work if you do it at night when they are all in. 

• Like 1
On 03/06/2022 at 08:49, DIDO.1 said:

What sort of season are we predicting? 

I did quite a busy nest yesterday, I've had 1 in my pigeon kit box and I've got 2 on my house. Saw one on our kids house as well. Could be a massive year.... 

The fecking phone has not stopped ringing,....I've had a gutful already....?