• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it an entire male socks? Would be handy that!    The little bitch saved my life on Sunday. I got well and truly battered by that cow and she got it off me. F*cking lucky I’m just battered an

Posted Images

1 minute ago, socks said:

Nice little dog that. My mate has a full blooded OZ import cattle dog that balled up and held a full grown fallow stag for over ten minuets the other day ?

Is it an entire male socks? Would be handy that! 

The little bitch saved my life on Sunday. I got well and truly battered by that cow and she got it off me. F*cking lucky I’m just battered and bruised! 

• Like 8

I could be completely wrong about this (typical me, sitting on the fence before I've even written anything?) but I sometimes wonder why so many books about either dogs in general or pastoral breeds in particular, claim that all the old breeds/strains are extinct. The reason given is always the rise of the Border collie.

Now it could be that every dog you see (like the one in your photos) is the direct result of mating two 100% pure/registered Border collies, and I know that, like most working breeds which are bred for what they do rather than how they look, they vary a lot in height, build, coat etc. But surely there are a lot of collies, sheepdogs, curs etc which don't start with a capital B.? 

Maybe it's simply that the people who keep them don't feel the need to immediately form a closed breed society.?

I remember a lovely dog I'd often see wandering the streets of Coniston back when I lived there in the early 90s. To my untrained eye it looked like a short working beardie; similar to Hancock's Remus. I asked around as to who owned it and was told where its parents lived. I was surprised to find that the sire was a weird looking thing like a half bred Border coliie/rough collie on stilts...a bit like a maned wolf.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Is it an entire male socks? Would be handy that! 

The little bitch saved my life on Sunday. I got well and truly battered by that cow and she got it off me. F*cking lucky I’m just battered and bruised! 

Yes mate he is … he is also a beast of a guard dog around the house and kids. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Sheepy.... Is she what some would call a Welsh sheepdog ? 

4 minutes ago, breeze said:

Sheepy.... Is she what some would call a Welsh sheepdog ? 

No, I honestly don’t quite know what she is. 

Ive got a Welsh collie - he’s the red one in the middle. 

I genuinely would describe her as a ‘cur dog’ mainly for cattle work. Will work sheep, but mainly for cattle. Hard as nails!  

78016743-0524-4CA9-A46A-D734246FAA2E.jpeg

Did you ever see that programme that Kate Humble woman did on Welsh collies.? 

On that they showed a fair few dogs commonly known has Welsh collies and they came in a range of different sizes and colours that looked very similar to that bitch of yours 

49 minutes ago, breeze said:

Did you ever see that programme that Kate Humble woman did on Welsh collies.? 

On that they showed a fair few dogs commonly known has Welsh collies and they came in a range of different sizes and colours that looked very similar to that bitch of yours 

Could well have a chunk of welsh in her. But also wouldn't be surprised if she had some jack russel! Her tail stands up and curls over!

26 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Could well have a chunk of welsh in her. But also wouldn't be surprised if she had some jack russel! Her tail stands up and curls over!

The pic where she’s laid down on the grass an you can see her front legs etc if you google image border x Russell looks similar ?

She come out with your running dogs?

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

You been quiet on here recently Sheep. How did your lambing go?