Border terrier x whippet

BB wrote a great book Brendon Chase which was turned into a prime time kids program, couple of lads burgle a house, nick a gun, and do a runner to live feral in the forest, I remember them shooting rabbits and woodies with the .22 rimmie they filched. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it certainly was Phil. it was the only thing we could get worth reading for a lot of what I would call working class lads. we viewed the shooting times as the other side of the fence. also we were glu

All these references harking back to the now defunct, Shooting News,  just goes to show, how seemingly important and influential, that curious weekly rag was,... to so many lads....?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mackem said:

BB wrote a great book Brendon Chase which was turned into a prime time kids program, couple of lads burgle a house, nick a gun, and do a runner to live feral in the forest, I remember them shooting rabbits and woodies with the .22 rimmie they filched. 

I watched that when I was still at school ?

• Like 2

Remember Richard whiteley getting bitten off plummer ferret many moons ago . Also did Jack Hargreaves and Phil drabble do a couple lurcher ferret type programmes years ago . Also Jack's game Remember that one as well . Apart from shooting times or news the only other place you could see lurchers or ferrets etc was exchange and mart .

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, gasaxeman said:

The if it meant business it would have been through to the bone she is only playing with you comment . Sums him up perfectly makes me cringe just listening to him .

When asked about it he said it featured an extremely pompous yours truly ?