Border terrier x whippet

On 03/06/2022 at 17:05, eastcoast said:

I used to read the Shooting News at the time and was Les White's white dog not a fox terrier x border collie? Seen it once when he had it with him at terrier show held at Fox and hounds pub in Whitley Chapel. Enjoyed his articles with accounts of just mooching about after bunnies with a dog and ferrets. His articles seemed to change a bit when he got a Bedlington and became a bit of an expert.

Was it Les White who had a dog called Clive and wrote a couple of articles in the old Year Books, or am I getting mixed up..? ? 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it certainly was Phil. it was the only thing we could get worth reading for a lot of what I would call working class lads. we viewed the shooting times as the other side of the fence. also we were glu

All these references harking back to the now defunct, Shooting News,  just goes to show, how seemingly important and influential, that curious weekly rag was,... to so many lads....?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Was it Les White who had a dog called Clive and wrote a couple of articles in the old Year Books, or am I getting mixed up..? ? 

Yeah I think your right, am probably wrong but I think Clive was maybe a pure beddie

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

All these references harking back to the now defunct, Shooting News,  just goes to show, how seemingly important and influential, that curious weekly rag was,... to so many lads....?

You have to remember we had no internet and only a few tele channels back then. Having said that, some of the writers weren't too bad. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

it certainly was Phil. it was the only thing we could get worth reading for a lot of what I would call working class lads. we viewed the shooting times as the other side of the fence. also we were glued to the classified section as pups, ferrets etc, there wasn't the wide ranging market of today's Internet. 

• Like 9