• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a big bruiser tonight. I think it was sleeping in the field I was crossing. I only saw it as it legged it into a wood. I had been lamping as I went but out of nowhere it appeared. I was

Missed it! At 40yds!!! I let this smallish adult get to close on dusk. I was fiddling with the NV and ended up rushing the shot. Fortunately there was no light source involved. I then walked

Snap mate. Once I think someone's a prick they're a prick for good. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

So I nail a tin of fish to a post and waited for them to appear.

I was after the adults to some of the cubs I cleaned up on a few weeks ago.

The vixen appeared first but it was to light to move closer. I watched her catching bugs and waited.

When it was dark enough to lose 150yds I was blessed with the dog fox turning up to join her!

Eventually I got my chance at the vixen at 100ish yards. A shoulder shot anchored her good. I rushed to find her mate but lost him momentarily.

When I did see him he was a good way away. Later paced it around 175 yards. For the shot he stopped to look back. The reticle was on his back and I fired. There was no sound as such but he leppt in the air, turned and ran but piled up within ten yards 

I slipped the dog and moved into her voice. She found the vixen first. I sent her again in a new direction and it wasn't long before she had located the dog.

IMG_20220811_214515.jpg.ffd933bd722c5de24f4a33b240faf045.jpg

IMG_20220811_214738.jpg.6decdb000cce0982a8620f01bd2295b2.jpg

Absolutely fantastic...175 paces with the HMR is outstanding.  I would be happy with that with my .243 ?

• Like 2

Bucks get a bit sparse after the rut mate .The bigger lads will be lead up recovering whilst a few young hopefuls maybe out trying their luck ? 

Had a nice surprise yesterday coming home from work early to find the wife fresh out the shower on the bed .Quick shower and wallop ,right large portion .Life in the old dog yet .??

• Haha 4
38 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Bucks get a bit sparse after the rut mate .The bigger lads will be lead up recovering whilst a few young hopefuls maybe out trying their luck ? 

Had a nice surprise yesterday coming home from work early to find the wife fresh out the shower on the bed .Quick shower and wallop ,right large portion .Life in the old dog yet .??

You weren't the only one!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Another outing first thing and got busted by a fox only a short distance from the car?.

What ensued was an hour's chase via the alarm calls of pheasant. A usual run he took until it got to the relative safety of maize. That's three times we have eye balled each other!

Anyway rounded the morning off with a couple of crows around the 100 mark.

IMG_20220909_085850.jpg.3b03cfb3349bdb51ff1168cddf3604d1.jpg

But the cream on top was a maggie around the 70 mark skillfully stalked.

IMG_20220909_100400.jpg.fe390ccca60a29a1eb4cc66a273bb636.jpg

• Like 4