• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a big bruiser tonight. I think it was sleeping in the field I was crossing. I only saw it as it legged it into a wood. I had been lamping as I went but out of nowhere it appeared. I was

Missed it! At 40yds!!! I let this smallish adult get to close on dusk. I was fiddling with the NV and ended up rushing the shot. Fortunately there was no light source involved. I then walked

Snap mate. Once I think someone's a prick they're a prick for good. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It started off with them not wanting it in the food chain ( sort of understandable) then in order to get a full ban they changed to say they don’t want it in the environment, like you I think a full lead ban is on its way, I was looking at some lead free .243 gear the other day, the lad in the shop was telling me how good it was, good it may be, but at almost 50 quid for 20 he can keep them

Yep I am going to switch to copper in .243 once lead used up.  80 grn Fox bullets are the way to go apparently...been reading that they hit harder than the 100 grn I use now and perform better than lead with nearly 100% retention. 

I will need to buy a new shotgun when switching  to steel as mine is half and full choke ?

God knows what will happen with the .22 and .17

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yep I am going to switch to copper in .243 once lead used up.  80 grn Fox bullets are the way to go apparently...been reading that they hit harder than the 100 grn I use now and perform better than lead with nearly 100% retention. 

I will need to buy a new shotgun when switching  to steel as mine is half and full choke ?

God knows what will happen with the .22 and .17

You will have to get yourself one of the new fangled upside down wrong way round shotguns ??

the lad in the shop was showing me some rounds for his 308 that were food grade tin 139gn, he said they were better than the lead alternative but were £64 a box ?

Just now, FOXHUNTER said:

Cant be doing with a topsy turvy gun ??

Those copper rounds are 50 quid a box ....

Around 50 quid seems to be the norm for none lead at the minute, it’s like everything, over time it will come down in price, I don’t have a problem with using it as long as it’s as good or better than lead, I just don’t know what they are going to come up with to replace a .22 sub, at the minute it seems like legislation is moving faster than replacement bullet development 

I think we would all agree that lead can certainly be a hazard, BUT, help me out!

Lead is mined, generally as an ore and refined into the substance we know, it is naturally occurring in the ground, so we take it out and return SOME of it, by way of spent ammunition, back into the ground.

I understand about 75% of lead in the world is used in batteries anyway! 

I know that is a very simplistic view the situation, but what is all the fuss about, we extract it ALL from the ground and simply return a very small part of it?????

:hmm:

Part of the argument is that the lead is on the surface and in a ingestible state, where it can harm ( poison ) much like the banning of lead around water, only without the evidence that birds and mammals are ingesting it, unlike the fish with the shot

And yet how many home inlet pipes are still lead??? It's up to homeowners to arrange & pay for switch, so can imagine how often that's happened. That's using a product we definitely ingest daily. Abso bollocķs, just another dig at UK shooters. Don't worry I'm sure basc will....oh wait, yeah - fucķ all.

• Like 3

Look how much lead in most churches roofs , lead flashing & slates on most houses . When it rains then lead particles going back into the water table  . So they target shooting community and not some of the biggest land owners in the country , The churches 

• Like 1

It's nothing at all to do with that its toxic ,so is copper and what about all the chemicals farmers spray onto the land. 

It's purely political and the antis will try anything to stop shooting..

Once lead is gone they will start on copper next...and so on and so on.

Just enjoy our shooting while we can as it will be destined for the history books one day ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1