I never use my HMR so thought I would dig it out and see what I can bag with it over the Summer. 

Raining today on and off so wasnt expecting much but glad to be out of the house. Pulled into the farm and a few woodies in a field so got inside a barn which had a nice shooting window and bagged a woodie.

I then went for a wander but nothing about apart from a roe and some greylags.

I was only gone an hour and a buzzard had stripped the woodie bare , they dont waste much time.

20220531_181610.jpg

20220531_182158.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a big bruiser tonight. I think it was sleeping in the field I was crossing. I only saw it as it legged it into a wood. I had been lamping as I went but out of nowhere it appeared. I was

Missed it! At 40yds!!! I let this smallish adult get to close on dusk. I was fiddling with the NV and ended up rushing the shot. Fortunately there was no light source involved. I then walked

Snap mate. Once I think someone's a prick they're a prick for good. 

Posted Images

I don’t use mine very often either Mark, I keep intending to take it out more but I’ve never been enamoured with the calibre. Although the little .17 bullets are very effective on small vermin I use .22 mostly 

Everyone has there own preferences and requirements, I have a lot of calibres to deal with a lot of different situations.

I fully accept the HMR has its issues (although the ammo seems to be improving?) but mine gets a lot of use!

I love my WMR (I know its not that fashionable), with the 30g V-Max it flies very similar to the HMR out to about 100 yards, and there is a lot of ammo variety, in simple terms versatility.

Both my .22lr remain close range, dedicated sub sonic tools, they don't get a lot of use but are great when required! 

:thumbs:

PS, ammo prices all round, but especially rimfire seems to be bonkers these days!

1 hour ago, Deker said:

Everyone has there own preferences and requirements, I have a lot of calibres to deal with a lot of different situations.

I fully accept the HMR has its issues (although the ammo seems to be improving?) but mine gets a lot of use!

I love my WMR (I know its not that fashionable), with the 30g V-Max it flies very similar to the HMR out to about 100 yards, and there is a lot of ammo variety, in simple terms versatility.

Both my .22lr remain close range, dedicated sub sonic tools, they don't get a lot of use but are great when required! 

:thumbs:

PS, ammo prices all round, but especially rimfire seems to be bonkers these days!

Talking of hmr, have you tried any of those ntx lead free ammo deker?

4 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Talking of hmr, have you tried any of those ntx lead free ammo deker?

Not even seen any yet!

I was at the Phoenix show at Bisley last week and I couldn't find anybody with lead alternatives.

Have you?????

7 hours ago, Deker said:

Not even seen any yet!

I was at the Phoenix show at Bisley last week and I couldn't find anybody with lead alternatives.

Have you?????

No, nothing. Been keeping an eye out for those and also the Norma fragmenting lead free .22’s to try out. I’m hoping the small calibre lead bullets will be exempted from a ban as in the proposals it actually states that a ban on small calibre lead bullets wouldn’t be practical. Let’s hope they stick to it?

9C3EEC5B-3888-44CA-B719-547AA6F8A1E9.png

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

No, nothing. Been keeping an eye out for those and also the Norma fragmenting lead free .22’s to try out. I’m hoping the small calibre lead bullets will be exempted from a ban as in the proposals it actually states that a ban on small calibre lead bullets wouldn’t be practical. Let’s hope they stick to it?

9C3EEC5B-3888-44CA-B719-547AA6F8A1E9.png

An exemption would be nice but don't hold your breath. They want lead banning and thats the end of it I think.

3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

An exemption would be nice but don't hold your breath. They want lead banning and thats the end of it I think.

It started off with them not wanting it in the food chain ( sort of understandable) then in order to get a full ban they changed to say they don’t want it in the environment, like you I think a full lead ban is on its way, I was looking at some lead free .243 gear the other day, the lad in the shop was telling me how good it was, good it may be, but at almost 50 quid for 20 he can keep them

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1