39 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Yes it was as they told me, a mini stroke, its just buggered up balance a little, they brought a middle aged chap in during the night with a stroke, he is in a bad way,    keep. Well folks 

My father in law who is 87, 88 in August has had numerous mini strokes which causes him to fall over a lot it’s like a cycle have a stroke fall over spend time in hospital come home, they have upped his meds for his blood pressure which seems to have stabilised him lately, we have tried to get him in full time care but his wife my mother in law who has alzheimers doesn’t want to leave the family home which they have lived in since the 1960s also he has dementia it’s not good getting old, it seems to be a full time job looking after them.

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just spoke to him,he's not been well,he said to thank you all for your concern ? he will login when he's feeling better.?

Felt for Keith after he lost his wife mate and he often gave me a bit of banter about my cooking. Although I have never met him I feel he's a good old countryman and would like to think he's okay.

Just reflecting back on. My times out in. The field with my pal nell. Fek me we had some good times   out in all weather's, not a world beater but put her heart into her work, never took. Bunnies more

Posted Images

6 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

he is in a bad way,    keep. Well folks 

Is that after 12 hours listening to your medical problems ?

Poor c**t is probably clawing for the morphine bottle ! Lol ? 

• Haha 5
On 31/05/2022 at 13:19, iworkwhippets said:

I'm. Gonna belt you one round the earhole, ? seriously though, when I had to get rid of my dogs, I was gonna leave this forum cos I had nowt constructive to say and I've thought about it again lately, but fek it, I will put up.with you a while longer, load of plebs lol ? 

You could feel like you’re going mad as a box of frogs.., ten minutes on here and you feel like one of the sanest people going about. Stick about mate, you’re always good value ??
And get well soon.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

My father in law who is 87, 88 in August has had numerous mini strokes which causes him to fall over a lot it’s like a cycle have a stroke fall over spend time in hospital come home, they have upped his meds for his blood pressure which seems to have stabilised him lately, we have tried to get him in full time care but his wife my mother in law who has alzheimers doesn’t want to leave the family home which they have lived in since the 1960s also he has dementia it’s not good getting old, it seems to be a full time job looking after them.

Going through the same with my ole fella at the minute, dementia is a hateful thing to have to watch a loved one living through. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Hope you get better kieth . When you said mini stroke I had visions of you posting a pic of you rubbing your chipolata up n down??.  NHS is trying its best as you say but it’s failing in my eyes . Lost my ole man couple weeks back they did try thier best albeit slowly but they never gave up. Anyway don’t die I can’t afford flowers this week with time off for the jubilee 

26 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Going through the same with my ole fella at the minute, dementia is a hateful thing to have to watch a loved one living through. 

Sorry to hear that it’s not nice a very slow deterioration, considering my wife’s Dad was a precision engineer in a controlled environment for the Mod and now he can’t string a sentence together hardly walk and relies on other people for almost everything it’s sad to see. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Sorry to hear that it’s not nice a very slow deterioration, considering my wife’s Dad was a precision engineer in a controlled environment for the Mod and now he can’t string a sentence together hardly walk and relies on other people for almost everything it’s sad to see

Flattop .....a Ray of sunshine ? 

• Haha 1