Savage rifles

Had one Ben. Trigger is very good bolt was a bit agricultural. The accutrigger works really well in my opinion. There are a lot of people who don't like the savage rifles. But to be expected for the price range they are at, they can't compete with top end stuff.

I had one in hmr and it was stainless laminate. very accurate little rifle. I did look at a cheap CF for dedicated NV a few years back but that was not great in all honesty. But was something like £600 new 

Have a look mate and if they have a range asked to have a bash. You know enough to tell if it's for you or not

• Thanks 1

I know someone that bought a savage 17 hornet with a thumbhole stock when they first appeared. He had all kinds of problems with it for the 18 months of his ownership. I think when you buy something like this you need to be prepared to change things and do some "fettling" to get them how you would of liked it to have been in the first place. 

• Like 1

Savage have a very mixed reputation, and frankly a very mixed stable of products.

Some of their high end centrefires are well respected in the target arena, whilst some of their rimfires are hardly a step above toytown.

I "believe" it has been exclusively the Savage 17WSM that has been imported into the UK.

Who knows what they are up to these days, but I understand there was a management buy out there a few years back, so presumably some of the people who work there think they have a future!