Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

21 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it happens greb i have also had them fast as a grey bend after bend but kill very few

and

you won’t see a 3/4 grey kill em regular 

I think that all depends on where you are going with them. Thats how i would want a dog bred if i were still going out around where i live. It was by far the most successful cross i used around here and i have tried a lot of them.

• Like 1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

A friend had a real good 3/4 bred with all the wind of a half x, bit of a freak maybe but made plenty catches because it had the aggression & desire to kill that a lot of the line bred stuff was missing. 

i’ve never seen a 3/4 grey worth a carrot on hares even half crosses i seen don’t have more than 3 mins in the tank no good to me something like that ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gene said:

They can kill them regularly mate if you drop on a good one.

A lot more frequent than you think, before you say it, not always in the slop and not always in the middle of Jan but then again what's the strike rate with saluki crosses in those conditions?

i know from seeing them a 3/4 grey cross anything isn’t stopping hares regular greb it’s nonsense mate how you going to run a few hares with that cross ? min and half in the tank 2 mins max ?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

All my dogs always been ran as all rounders but agree with what you said there, small fields plenty of outs don’t matter what you’re running you need a killer not a chaser 

if you need a killer not a chaser why would you go 3/4 grey they chasers in straight lines no brain ?

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve never seen a 3/4 grey worth a carrot on hares even half crosses i seen don’t have more than 3 mins in the tank no good to me something like that ?

3 mins is a long time if you time your runs I bet not many go over that with a good killer. Land on a real good hare then yeh fair enough but lot of courses that go 4/5 mins is down to the dog being happy to run it round a bit

1 minute ago, Gene said:

Come on man, they are not purpose bred coursing dogs and can't often do multiple hares week in week out but they can catch them often pal, what 3/4 crosses have you seen mC?

threw the years just about every type greb 3/4 grey 1/4 whippet would be about the best but won’t kill em regular and will break down when the wet comes 

Just now, Deerhunter1 said:

3 mins is a long time if you time your runs I bet not many go over that with a good killer. Land on a real good hare then yeh fair enough but lot of courses that go 4/5 mins is down to the dog being happy to run it round a bit

it’s not i could  take you to spots we’re every hare december on will take more than 3 mins to stop when you dogs trying it for 3 mins and hares still pulling it better no when to sit in run it about abit or it will get blew apart 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i know from seeing them a 3/4 grey cross anything isn’t stopping hares regular greb it’s nonsense mate how you going to run a few hares with that cross ? min and half in the tank 2 mins max ?

you should of seen sally ...in my avatar....she caught hares so quick and so fast ...the hare thought it was surrounded

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

if you need a killer not a chaser why would you go 3/4 grey they chasers in straight lines no brain ?

Just from what I seen over years dogs with lot of greyhound in the make up won’t waste a chance to end a run, but go other way round 3/4 saluki a lot happy to run them round for a bit, no offence meant to anyone that keeps 3/4 Salukis just what I’ve seen

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

you should of seen sally ...in my avatar....she caught hares so quick and so fast ...the hare thought it was surrounded

any footage of her tomo ? did she stop em most times out mate 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

it’s not i could  take you to spots we’re every hare december on will take more than 3 mins to stop when you dogs trying it for 3 mins and hares still pulling it better no when to sit in run it about abit or it will get blew apart 

Every hare on a spot won’t be a good un mate it’s impossible, yeah some places got higher percentage of good uns but there’s strong and weak everywhere you look. I heard this years ago about fens then you go up and some hares being killed in 30/40 secs but if you listened to lads that run it weekly then every runs a 5 minute. Didn’t seem that way to me and I went enough times to have an opinion

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

any footage of her tomo ? did she stop em most times out mate 

no footage sadly ...yes mate most walks out she caught.....dont get me wrong i did have a blank or two....but very rare

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Every hare on a spot won’t be a good un mate it’s impossible, yeah some places got higher percentage of good uns but there’s strong and weak everywhere you look. I heard this years ago about fens then you go up and some hares being killed in 30/40 secs but if you listened to lads that run it weekly then every runs a 5 minute. Didn’t seem that way to me and I went enough times to have an opinion

the fens are big old spots mate a lot a hares some weak 

i go some spot been run regular for years any half descent and weak are mopped up by winter everyone you drop on will be over 3 mins mate?

2 minutes ago, TOMO said:

no footage sadly ...yes mate most walks out she caught.....dont get me wrong i did have a blank or two....but very rare

them the ones mate out a few times a week and can count the blank days on one hand end a the season 

she the best you had for hares ?