Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

When people talk about stud dogs producing nobody ever pays any attention to the bitches. If a dog gets put over a selection of top class bitches it’s a no brainer that there’ll be good offspring sired by that dog, but is the dog producing the goods or is it getting a name about itself off the back of what the bitches are throwing? I think if lucky lined some of the bitches Buddy/Romeo/Bulldozer have been to then people would be talking about him in a different way today.

• Like 1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

When people talk about stud dogs producing nobody ever pays any attention to the bitches. If a dog gets put over a selection of top class bitches it’s a no brainer that there’ll be good offspring sired by that dog, but is the dog producing the goods or is it getting a name about itself off the back of what the bitches are throwing? I think if lucky lined some of the bitches Buddy/Romeo/Bulldozer have been to then people would be talking about him in a different way today.

That the difference between good stud and bad buddy went to shite and still produced

• Like 3
7 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

It was half a page with some witty rhymes about sticks and stones won't break their bones it was the best advert i have ever seen to sell two litters of lurcher pup's i wished i had cut it out now and put it in the album.

Sticks and stones won't break there bones and hares will never hurt them lol

• Like 1
6 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I heard all pups went quick. The bitches he bred from were handy by all accounts i don't know how they were bred i think they were purchased from the well known coursing man from out Manchester way it must have been over 20 year's ago now thinking back.

Tip n tipper 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gene said:

This Tipper? This out of Lucky or are you saying Lucky was put over her?

It's Tina's dam, you were asking Tats about her ?

Or aunt not sure now....??‍♂️

Edited by Gilbey
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, jamie7344 said:

That the difference between good stud and bad buddy went to shite and still produced

I once had a Buddy bred dog out of a very good bitch. To look at you would think he could of run anywhere but he couldn't run full stop. He simply didn't have enough pace to get to a hare and neither did his litter sister. I kept him till he was 22 months old and he never killed one hare.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, jamie7344 said:

Hit the nail on the head why there’s so much rubbish about men lining shite bitches for a few quid but it’s all in the past now.

2 minutes ago, ianm said:

I once had a Buddy bred dog out of a very good bitch. To look at you would think he could of run anywhere but he couldn't run full stop. He simply didn't have enough pace to get to a hare and neither did his litter sister. I kept him till he was 22 months old and he never killed one hare.

I had similar experience, had a pup out of him to a decent bitch and whole litter were scrap, no gears or drive they just wanted to be at home on sofa. He produced some quality dogs Buddy but all this about him throwing champions to poor bitches was just fairytales to bring the stud fees in

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gene said:

Maybe Sir Marcus is right in his way of thinking, that's shocking what you've just said there.

Hell if 3/4 greyhounds can catch hares on a regular basis and a litter bred to the nines hasn't got the pace that's embarrassing IMO.

You want stick a sluki over a tumbler, tharul do it 

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Gene said:

Maybe Sir Marcus is right in his way of thinking, that's shocking what you've just said there.

Hell if 3/4 greyhounds can catch hares on a regular basis and a litter bred to the nines hasn't got the pace that's embarrassing IMO.

it happens greb i have also had them fast as a grey bend after bend but kill very few

and you won’t see a 3/4 grey kill em regular 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it happens greb i have also had them fast as a grey bend after bend but kill very few

and you won’t see a 3/4 grey kill em regular 

A 3/4 grey could kill hares regular, just because it’s only 1/4 saluki doesn’t mean it won’t throw that way, anything’s possible in dogs you can’t work out a dogs capabilities based on percentages

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

A 3/4 grey could kill hares regular, just because it’s only 1/4 saluki doesn’t mean it won’t throw that way, anything’s possible in dogs you can’t work out a dogs capabilities based on percentages

Are u ready for this

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

i’m talking how many 3/4 grey you ever seen kill hares most times out ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’m talking how many 3/4 grey you ever seen kill hares most times out ?

A friend had a real good 3/4 bred with all the wind of a half x, bit of a freak maybe but made plenty catches because it had the aggression & desire to kill that a lot of the line bred stuff was missing.