Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

1 hour ago, fireman said:

Hand on heart the best hare killing dog i have ever seen belonged to a old hippy i knew,she lived in a buss and most on here would have laughed at her and her dog.The dog was a beddy grey type looking thing with a cocked ear, it just knew when a hare was in a field and used some amazing to watch field craft to catch them.I watched it stalk hares,flush and just turn before the hares did and they just seemed to run into it's mouth and it had some pace to get one under pressure out in the open and all done on Wiltshire flint and chalk. Got caught by land owners etc with her a few times and she just turned on the "do i look like i'm out hunting man ?" as she was a right earth mother looking woman and we always walked away with out to much hassle..:laugh:...

Did ya ?

• Haha 4

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Sammyballer said:

A lurcher can take a lot of work , these lads with 4/5 runners is crazy no way are they giving them all enough work , one coming on , on worker and one nearly retired it’s the best way 2/3 dogs in there prime or coming on you can’t be giving them the work load 

? you’d see how much work yours could take if you ran  a few hares on proper land ? 

i have. 2 runners similar age how hard are they to run out ? 

and 2 pups be having first season this year how hard is it to run older dogs get them started ? 

4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

True . I know one of the well known coursing men from my area who is mentioned in one of Darcy's coursing books never bothered with pup's but would offer lads good money for good dog's.

again mate if your matching or have high standards it could be a lot easy saving money and time this way saving 16 month a feeding shite i can see why some do it

4 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Course it can but there’s a difference between a dog getting injured and an injury prone dog. Heard it all before if a dogs not getting injuries it’s not trying, or not getting ran enough, load of bollocks it is, seen dogs run 3/4 times a week and put loads of stuff away barely need a week off all season. These dogs can still get bad luck like a broken toe or whatever but it tends to be a one off and not a regular thing

it’s a long hard season it’s about keeping the dog bouncing the odd week they may need 5 or 6 days break 

18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s a long hard season it’s about keeping the dog bouncing the odd week they may need 5 or 6 days break 

I’ve had both ends of the scale over the years mate some dogs just more durable & tougher than others, some need resting up to run at their best others just seem to power through and take the hammer

• Like 2
5 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

True . I know one of the well known coursing men from my area who is mentioned in one of Darcy's coursing books never bothered with pup's but would offer lads good money for good dog's.

Had a look through a couple of them coursing books they was good for a giggle if nothing else 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

? you’d see how much work yours could take if you ran  a few hares on proper land ? 

and 2 pups be having first season this year how hard is it to run older dogs get them started ? 

Your be like a bont out whippet be Xmas 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I’ve had both ends of the scale over the years mate some dogs just more durable & tougher than others, some need resting up to run at their best others just seem to power through and take the hammer

it’s about knowing the dog mate you loose a  little bit a sharpness on bunny or bambi it won’t really matter but daytime hare it’s the difference between stopping a few and blanking 

27 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s about knowing the dog mate you loose a  little bit a sharpness on bunny or bambi it won’t really matter but daytime hare it’s the difference between stopping a few and blanking 

What is

29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Yeah dogs only need to be sharp for hares, everything else just rolls over really

• Haha 6
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

That’s what I run with my current runner fella , there’s 100s hares in my area and some big old fields