Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My son went to boarding school in Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, and I visited on many occasions, and, on reflection, I'd rather stay in the North East, thanks ??

Cheers.

So can we say you love it but your not in love wi it

• Like 1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

On 02/06/2022 at 06:31, Deerhunter1 said:

Yeah mate it can just be luck with people like that, me myself the few lads I run with get theirs for free, which isn’t many I keep myself to myself, and rest go to pet homes. Most dog lads are messing c**ts that don’t know what they want, one minute it’s deer dogs then it’s terriers then it’s a fox dog then it’s back to coursing dogs. I’d sooner know my pups was laid in front of a fire getting looked after than getting passed round one messer after another 

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...? 

I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice guys,.. I've no desire to profit from a litter..

Also, there is always the risk (albeit it miniscule) that the person who you allow to take a pup for free , turns out, not to be the man, you thought that he was, and instead he mistreats or neglects the poor tyke...

In that case,.. because no money has changed hands, and no financial agreement put in place,...it is far easier to ask for the pup back....?

Personally,.. I love seeing my pups blossom and develop into made rabbiting dogs...

Kinda makes everything worthwhile...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 12
16 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...? 

I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice guys,.. I've no desire to profit from a litter..

Also, there is always the risk (albeit it miniscule) that the person who you allow to take a pup for free , turns out, not to be the man, you thought that he was, and instead he mistreats or neglects the poor tyke...

In that case,.. because no money has changed hands, and no financial agreement put in place,...it is far easier to ask for the pup back....?

Personally,.. I love seeing my pups blossom and develop into made rabbiting dogs...

Kinda makes everything worthwhile...?

DBEC9214-DEA2-40FC-B4F9-7C93B385B4F8_1.jpg

Yeah that’s the trouble mate, I’ve seen it few times over the years, a friend of a friend who’s vouched for “a proper dog lad” they say, gets a pup. Next thing you know it’s 6 months down the line, the lads in to motorbikes or hawks & the pup has to go, turns out he’s put no time in so you’re left with a 7/8 month old dog that’s backward in the head getting passed from one person to another. Dogs never had a chance, then some idiot will breed off it eventually and the cycle repeats

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
38 minutes ago, Gene said:

That's why I'm reluctant to buy an older pup, you don't know how it's been tested already, doesn't take much for an idiot to overmatch it and possibly ruin it, plus you're always asking yourself why are they getting rid of a young prospect.

Done it before but wouldn’t these days, even if you get lucky and it’s not been ruined you’ll still never get that bond with it or get it 100% how you want it like you do with a puppy straight out the nest

• Like 6

Always had pups never a problem rescued this lad from dogs home totally different ball game took approx 9 months just to settle . I assume he had been badly beaten as a youngster as even today at 12 yrs old still has a  mistrust of men . But he has been a brilliant companion and now his back legs are a bit dodgy and he suffered a bad injury at 4 just kept as a pet  . Reason I didn't get another dog as is he to keen on them either so will bide my time . Same as I have always been with the dog when PTS hardest thing you can do but you owe it to comfort it and not leave it in a strange place alone . As you wouldn't do it with a family member who was terminally ill .

20220602_165933.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gene said:

You've gone straight in and got him a road hog ffs.

What you got for brains King.

The black bitch has caught more than your lawnshitter greb ?? 

Has the lawnshitter even caught a rabbit ??

11 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I don't think any of the recent dogs will make a "name" for themselves comparable to the old dogs like Lucky, simply because they don't get the same exposure due to the draconian anti hunting laws .

The coursing comps like the Forley were eagerly awaited and well attended, but now they exist, if at all, in name only and are surreptitiously ran and sparsely attended.

I used to attend my local coursing club, The Border & Coquetdale, and there would be hundreds there. A mornings coursing, then into the Three Wheats Head at Thropton for lunch and the craic, then back out for the afternoon session.........now I still go up there, but it's by myself with one dog for a quick run and off before someone calls the police.

I was at the last Waterloo Cup for the full three days, the end of an era.

The big money matches may still go on, but are mostly kept very quiet, so only a select few will really know what the top dogs are.

Sad, but that's the reality of it ?

Cheers.

Seen the cups been sold now to juels limited https://juelslimited.co.uk/news/wonders-of-the-waterloo-cup/?fbclid=IwAR19yw8JW36y_6wmGRe0xxqUGxxrk2usPTNC78j_jkIdEfHXTUzxqsgTMPs&fs=e&s=cl

22 minutes ago, Gene said:

Isn't this in France, doubt they're a patch on the Hares MP was running with Lucky up here.

You’ll get shit hares where he runs as well don’t worry about that. Thing is people think they’re watching a good hare when alot of the time the dogs just a shit killer that makes the hare look good

Edited by Deerhunter1
2 minutes ago, Francie said:

Interesting,they haven't a clue apparently,they reckon dogs are not down from graywolfs but another extinct wolf,when did the greyhound first appear on record anyone?

The greyhound looked more like a deerhound witch evolved from ancient molleser types but was interbreed wi the wolfs descendent, canis mortalis,what is said 2be a hybrid grey wolf and iberian wolf ,before that I'm not sure ,french

• Like 1