Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

On 25/05/2022 at 00:51, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The point was that the dog covered a lot of bitches 

yet produced very few of any note . 

in contrast , buddy covered more likely, but he threw a hell of a lot more that made the grade . That’s a cast 

A pal of mine said after abit word got out about lucky not producing much good. An years down the line if lads had owt bred out of lucky. An mentioned it was bred down from lucky , they used to say ( unlucky ) you lol. I was told that Marcus once turned down a match didn't turn up to run the dog. Because he knew that his dog wouldn't come close to this bitch at the time. Some will know the bitch im talking about only a little bitch owened by a chap called Paul the bitches name was twister . I've been to Paul's home an spoken with him about this tale an asked him if its true an he confirmed that it was. Another one was lucas John didn't show for his match. I never had the pleasure to see her run. But was told by the man him self that she could knock over 5 all day long. At the time Paul told them there's no messing about this best of shit. We just run until the dog misses or till the dog can't run no more. Deep down they knew this bitch of Paul's could run all day. A Lad who was on here has had the pleasure to be out with him an said he's seen the bitch knock 7 over back in day when numbers were good. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

They love it don't they ?  Your normally a dirty stop out too blacky lol. I've seen some on here 2 -3 in morning f****d up. A can imagine them on that fb shite too . 

Usually I've been up all night working on my book ,I get writers block summat shocking so when it's going good I have 2 go wi it regardless of time

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Usually I've been up all night working on my book ,I get writers block summat shocking so when it's going good I have 2 go wi it regardless of time

A like to read more so mags love the Readers wife's. Brilliant read 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

You'll see a few pups forsale that are surplus after lads have had what they want out of the litters they've bred. You won't see many giving pups away pal I've done it in past an a  know lads that have done it too. Sometimes you'll get the odd cheeky c**t that will take the pup then few months down line sell the c**t. I had it done to me few years back not a saluki cross but a litter of whippets. A gifted the lad a whippet pup because he'd started coming out for a mooch with us lamping on a night you could see he was enjoying it which a was pleased to be in the company of an old school pal. A went to see him a few months after giving him the pup just a catched up see how he was going on. A went round the back an the kennel was empty no answer on door. A spoke to a neighbour who told me he'd sold the pup. A wasn't pleased at all took for a fool. I ended up getting the money off him for the price he'd taken for the pup £500 notes. Which I believe he'd got more but a couldn't prove it. That was our friendship done over 20 odd years. It just shows people change when you start to show abit of  kindness.  Was gutted was hoping to see the pup grow up an spend some time with an old friend. It's easy to say give them away specially now with prices of bring a litter of pups up. 

23 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

You'll see a few pups forsale that are surplus after lads have had what they want out of the litters they've bred. You won't see many giving pups away pal I've done it in past an a  know lads that have done it too. Sometimes you'll get the odd cheeky c**t that will take the pup then few months down line sell the c**t. I had it done to me few years back not a saluki cross but a litter of whippets. A gifted the lad a whippet pup because he'd started coming out for a mooch with us lamping on a night you could see he was enjoying it which a was pleased to be in the company of an old school pal. A went to see him a few months after giving him the pup just a catched up see how he was going on. A went round the back an the kennel was empty no answer on door. A spoke to a neighbour who told me he'd sold the pup. A wasn't pleased at all took for a fool. I ended up getting the money off him for the price he'd taken for the pup £500 notes. Which I believe he'd got more but a couldn't prove it. That was our friendship done over 20 odd years. It just shows people change when you start to show abit of  kindness.  Was gutted was hoping to see the pup grow up an spend some time with an old friend. It's easy to say give them away specially now with prices of bring a litter of pups up. 

Yeah mate it can just be luck with people like that, me myself the few lads I run with get theirs for free, which isn’t many I keep myself to myself, and rest go to pet homes. Most dog lads are messing c**ts that don’t know what they want, one minute it’s deer dogs then it’s terriers then it’s a fox dog then it’s back to coursing dogs. I’d sooner know my pups was laid infront of a fire getting looked after than getting passed round one messer after another 

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 8
28 minutes ago, Gene said:

Decent little drink Charts, nice folk up here, had some decent scran in the Greek place, no feeling bloated, just right.

There's a Wetherspoons next to the big car park, allways decent for a cheap pint and a meal ?

Cheers.

• Like 1

I don't think any of the recent dogs will make a "name" for themselves comparable to the old dogs like Lucky, simply because they don't get the same exposure due to the draconian anti hunting laws .

The coursing comps like the Forley were eagerly awaited and well attended, but now they exist, if at all, in name only and are surreptitiously ran and sparsely attended.

I used to attend my local coursing club, The Border & Coquetdale, and there would be hundreds there. A mornings coursing, then into the Three Wheats Head at Thropton for lunch and the craic, then back out for the afternoon session.........now I still go up there, but it's by myself with one dog for a quick run and off before someone calls the police.

I was at the last Waterloo Cup for the full three days, the end of an era.

The big money matches may still go on, but are mostly kept very quiet, so only a select few will really know what the top dogs are.

Sad, but that's the reality of it ?

Cheers.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

The one and only  ?

Been in there lots of times. I was going to buy a house on that estate on the left just as you enter the village, but my missus felt it was just a bit too rural as she doent drive.

Nice little village.

Cheers.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Been in there lots of times. I was going to buy a house on that estate on the left just as you enter the village, but my missus felt it was just a bit too rural as she doent drive.

Nice little village.

Cheers.

Yeah berra off moving 2 Leicester 

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Yeah berra off moving 2 Leicester 

My son went to boarding school in Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, and I visited on many occasions, and, on reflection, I'd rather stay in the North East, thanks ??

Cheers.