Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Gene said:

Old mate of mine had a whippet/saluki/collie type bitch and she was a good little rabbiter, better than my 3/4 cross, but on hares he used to leave her for dead, all over them.

Sounds like he was only into serious dog work if u ask me 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Gene said:

Thought you were going to try a pure at some point mC?

can’t see that happening anytime soon unless something come up i fancied and these pups didn’t make the grade 

i would need to go threw a lot i recon. to find a keeper 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Gene said:

That's what he said mate, said that's all the old timers did and it worked, putting saluki in to their fastest and gamest dogs. 

Says that putting coursing breds back to saluki don't work as they aren't fast enough and don't have the heart.

He basically said find the fastest and meanest lamping bitch and put a strong saluki over it and keep all the bitches.

There's a guy on here I won't say his name very keen and his dogs have been to the moon n back and taken all quarry and I mean all if he ever puts one of his dogs to a pure saluki they be some tools I'm sure of it. 

30 minutes ago, Gene said:

Old fella from my company mentioned there's nowhere near the number of rabbits any more, used to be snided with em.

They is still rabbits a bout but they don’t get a good  chance to thrive, foke come from all over to hunt them ways as you will know 

• Like 1

Shaun vickers had a collie cross that I seem to remember ran in a comp it could of been his, he put cruise of Shildon the pure saluki to her and then cruise was put back over his daughter out of the collie grey to produce what they called Kim the saluki which is the mother to benji and Barney and nipper is there sire 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Gene said:

Nobody will ever find it but I'm 90% sure a collie cross won a competition that was taped on video, it must have been run in the early 90's, for the life of me I can't find the clip on the web. I'm sure it was a black & white dog.

Tony readers 1/4 bred dog maybe 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mush said:

How many have seen a genuine half bred , and seen it bred never mind a 1/4 or 3/4 saluki.

Loads 

they can sometimes throw you a funny dog , seen one litter from cradle to grave , the big dog  my mate ran was a master piece in small field hare killing , he got killed and he bred its litter sister to lucky to try and get another like him  

34 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Shaun vickers had a collie cross that I seem to remember ran in a comp it could of been his, he put cruise of Shildon the pure saluki to her and then cruise was put back over his daughter out of the collie grey to produce what they called Kim the saluki which is the mother to benji and Barney and nipper is there sire 

Flint was a funny old dog as well wasn’t he 

51 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

Was it the forley cup the collie cross won ?  I Always thought I’d imagined that,? I seen that, I was there that day,  A-t 

Was it not the British double handed champs ?? 

I'm sure I used to know things like that