First rifle

24 minutes ago, gaza said:

Any recommendations. Was wanting a Raptor FN12 light hunter but none seem to cone up. Budget is £400. 

Thanks

Everyone knows what I'm going to say. 

Kral Puncher / Puncher Jumbo... Any Kral with a decent length barrel.

22 hours ago, gaza said:

Any recommendations. Was wanting a Raptor FN12 light hunter but none seem to cone up. Budget is £400. 

Thanks

Had one yrs ago....leaked like f**k..don't listen to the Doom crowd,buy what you want and stock up on ammo...f**k the government ??

• Like 1

Yeah it will be a pisser 

But don't give up before you started. 

Have some fun whilst you can and kick up a stink with me. 

I've been told there maybe some alternatives coming, I've been emailing around like hell. 

Just buy a Kral and have some fun.. Don't get anything expensive 

If you need rifle only, a GX40 for about £320. If you need full kit go for the MK2 Phox and get pump, scope, mod, bag,  pellets etc for around £500.

Gamo name but it's a BSA, made in Birmingham, 2 year warranty and cheaper than the Ultra XL which has the same gubbins inside.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Timmy H said:

If you need rifle only, a GX40 for about £320. If you need full kit go for the MK2 Phox and get pump, scope, mod, bag,  pellets etc for around £500.

Gamo name but it's a BSA, made in Birmingham, 2 year warranty and cheaper than the Ultra XL which has the same gubbins inside.

Yeah good Rifle that. Easy to tune for great results too. Good call mate, I forget about them, I'll have to get one meself

1 minute ago, JakeFury said:

Yeah good Rifle that. Easy to tune for great results too. Good call mate, I forget about them, I'll have to get one meself

I've had one for nearly 3 years, far better than the AA s200 it replaced. Not a pretty rifle but bloody accurate and so easy to work on if needed. All I've done is adjust power, replace a trigger screw, free float the barrel and drill the fill cover so I rotate rather than remove. For pest control it is superlative. Just for fun I have a plastic pigeon decoy at 120 yards across the field, on a still day I can hit that 4 out of 5 from my sofa. It will group within 25mm at 50 yards from a rest, I wish I had one 30 years ago when I was a good shot! I reckon a young bloke with a good eye using a Phox or GX could match any Daystate or FX shot for shot.

• Like 1

Cheers for replies guys. Didn't know about legislation changes, you cant have anything! Thanks for the recommendations I'll do a bit of research but wont go to town, as long as can sell on and get close to money back down the line. When I'm looking at specs whats a half decent shot count?

19 hours ago, Timmy H said:

They pretty much the same rifle then? Other than you get the Phox as full kit.