First mules jumped

21 hours ago, jok said:

Going to be a complete plonker here so please forgive me. You guys clearly know your birds breeding and inner breeding, colouring and everything else. I enjoy, very much, the pics and inter chat. What on earth do you actually do with all the offspring. I imagine everything has to be ringed and registered somewhere and also you must get involved in bird shows etc. After that? What? Jok.

I only ever sold one bird i bred and regreted it ever since,the rest i gave away to folks just starting out or through folks of a bird club i knew.I didn't just give them to any body and only once was i caught out by a blagger/free loader who used to come on here years ago,but it's wise to keep some extra's back as through winter things can happen and it's far to easy to be caught short of a bird for a pair come breeding time..

• Like 2

On 24/06/2022 at 19:39, gnipper said:

Personally I only sell/gift birds at the end of the moult I'm not too interested in the show side of things. Only native birds have to be rung to be able to sell them you can keep unrung captive bred birds but personally I wouldn't want to as its guilty till proven innocent isn't it. 

Spanna on here had some chew off rspca few years back. f***ing neighbours rang rspca. But best thing about it the rspca couldn't tell the difference between a native bird an a canary. Asking him why he's not rang this native bird in the cage. Was a f****n canary. Its okay them coming out to give you some chew when they don't even know a canary from a native. You'd think they'd get educate them before having them come out an looking daft 

23 hours ago, fireman said:

I only ever sold one bird i bred and regreted it ever since,the rest i gave away to folks just starting out or through folks of a bird club i knew.I didn't just give them to any body and only once was i caught out by a blagger/free loader who used to come on here years ago,but it's wise to keep some extra's back as through winter things can happen and it's far to easy to be caught short of a bird for a pair come breeding time..

It's true that mate winter seems to stretch out so best of keeping a few numbers back. Because it's sods law you'll get rid of surplus birds thinking your cush then a few will fall off sticks. Then that bad vibe comes in the birdroom that we all know or had. 6 months later your running about for surplus birds your self that you already had lol 6 month Prior. Lol  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...