I'll have em!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mate of mine was clearing his yard, asked if I wanted anything...loads of timber and scaffold boards...well be rude not too.. I've a lot to do here, timber is mental money at the minute..

Used the boards to make the base rail for my balustrade... designed the rails with a mate to fabricate, bit of work in drilling and shaping the boards, but came up well...got an oak top rail to finish

Can’t say no to timber like that! I need a bench like that for my hall. That’s given me inspiration. This morning I knocked up a shield for a mount to commemorate my mates lads first morning stal

Posted Images

Can’t say no to timber like that! I need a bench like that for my hall. That’s given me inspiration.

This morning I knocked up a shield for a mount to commemorate my mates lads first morning stalking.

9298E0A3-E0F9-436B-83CC-263FC1797D39.jpeg

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Can’t say no to timber like that! I need a bench like that for my hall. That’s given me inspiration.

This morning I knocked up a shield for a mount to commemorate my mates lads first morning stalking.

Cracking that mate!

Mrs has just tasked me with making the bunk beds for the kids room in the cottage... gave it all the praise then hit me with it! Lol

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

This is all cob walls mate, so trying to run a batten along the wall to pick the board ls up is a no go...hence the chunky corner posts... I hate cob!! ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Crap that, what a waste a firewood ? cos that’s what id a ended up with ?

That's what the scaffs do with it mate, cut it down and bag it for log burners... this lad is involved in scaffolding and concrete floors, so all the old shuttering was for dumping, full length of 4x2 and 6x2... I've got a lot I can do with that! Lol

Nice that mate....I made a bench seat and a 6 foot table out of scaf boards a few years back ..as you say costs next to note...

they sell for good money as well on eBay etc

Just now, TOMO said:

Nice that mate....I made a bench seat and a 6 foot table out of scaf boards a few years back ..as you say costs next to note...

Cheers Tomo ..

We've brought a table for there, but its a poor fit and I don't like it to be honest.... I've got an idea though...so looks like bunk beds and a table to make...??

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Cheers Tomo ..

We've brought a table for there, but its a poor fit and I don't like it to be honest.... I've got an idea though...so looks like bunk beds and a table to make...??

4 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Heres the table....its just not quite right...

Screenshot_20220522-230134_Gallery.jpg.895565474249490eb7a3f0308e43d546.jpg

16 minutes ago, TOMO said:

how would it look with scaf boards on top of it...might be an easy fix

It don't really fit the room well mate, its an old cottage, walls all over the shop and everything you do is out of square..

I want to make a centre post out of steel, with a big foot plate and top plate...bolt it to the floor and cut a timber top to suit the shape... you can then slide around the bench without catching your feet in table legs as the post will be in the centre...its all drawn in my head...lol

15 minutes ago, TOMO said:

my kids do art on ours so it's got paint on it....keep telling them to cover it...but they never listen...but it's easy to fix with the sander

Yeah theyre great for that... "don't worry about wiping the table, love..... ill sand it down!" Lol