Any idea what’s going on here people ??? 

Hedgerow at the side of a busy 30mph and footpath, never seen nothing like it before and only on the last/end section of the hedge… 

AE642F10-9A98-44A0-82A7-81CBA74F8824.jpeg

941D5958-97E5-4AD1-955E-613456F7A2CB.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mackem said:

Moth caterpillar webs, not as bad as a room infested with spider mite webs when you have to vacuum the plants ?️?

Nice one buddy, cheers… 

Hope you got your spider mite problem sorted ?

• Like 1

Yep - caterpillars :thumbs:

You might find something interesting in there.

............ I found this little fella at work a couple of weeks ago - it's a Puss moth. It gets it's name because it's face is cat like.

IMG_20220507_083010.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, zandy01 said:

Hope you got your spider mite problem sorted ?

It's normally bought in clones, that's why you should always quarantine them.Cause a lot of trouble in the UK, I once saw an attic getting fogged to kill off spider mites, we went outside and it looked like the roof was on fire with smoke leaking out everywhere ??

IMG_20220522_165249.jpg

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Invasive caterpillars they weave that for safety while they eat underneath it , getting common here in Dorset , it’s shame farmers don’t torch them it would stop them spreading .

I'm not sure that it would have much of an effect mate - there's a growing section of folk that are keeping and breeding furry moths as pets/an interest.

3 minutes ago, mackem said:

It's normally bought in clones, that's why you should always quarantine them.Cause a lot of trouble in the UK, I once saw an attic getting fogged to kill off spider mites, we went outside and it looked like the roof was on fire with smoke leaking out everywhere ??

IMG_20220522_165249.jpg

Nuclear blast wouldn't kill some of the little shits....so I'm told 

• Sad 1
17 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

............ I found this little fella at work a couple of weeks ago - it's a Puss moth. It gets it's name because it's face is cat like.

IMG_20220507_083010.jpg

I googled puss moth and went down a wee rabbit hole ?

THEWEEK.COM

What's fuzzy, adorable, and terrifying all at the same time? This mysterious little winged...

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, kanny said:

I googled puss moth and went down a wee rabbit hole ?

THEWEEK.COM

What's fuzzy, adorable, and terrifying all at the same time? This mysterious little winged...

There's some mental stuff out there mate......... we had an Elephant Hawk moth larvae in the garden a few years ago - it was a horrible looking thing and, I didn't know what it was at the time but, it produces a very cool moth :thumbs:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

There's some mental stuff out there mate......... we had an Elephant Hawk moth larvae in the garden a few years ago - it was a horrible looking thing and, I didn't know what it was at the time but, it produces a very cool moth :thumbs:

I had a elephant hawk moth caterpillar as a kid, kept it until it  changed into the moth , pretty cool ??

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

IMG_20220507_083010.jpg

Did he offer you a bare knuckler?