3/4 Grey 1/4 Bull (13 year Old) - How to put weight on

Thanks all for the advice, very much appreciated to the genuine dog men that had some constructive comments. It was just a reach out to see if anyone had any success making that last 6 months or so a "comfortable" ending. Cheers again lads ?. Regards Gordon

• Like 1

I like most on here have been in this situation many times, you will know when the time is right,  if the dog is still having a walk and not struggling,  then as long as its eating then fine. Lambs hearts and chicken I always feed an older dog plus sardines a couple of times a week. Lost a 13 year whippet/ collie just before Xmas. One tip I was given years ago when I had a " big" Staff who had stiff joints with age , was to give him green lipped mussel extract daily. (The pill type for humans) vastly improved him and now I give it to any dog as its getting on in years. I was told it is natural anti inflammatory and people I tell to use it also rate it.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Wideboy said:

I had to put down my GWPx two weeks ago. She lost some weight, I upped her feeding but two weeks later the weight just fell off her. When this happens, it’s time. She lived till nearly 13, so she lived her life to the full. The worst thing was she was wagging her tail on her last walk out. I don’t have regrets because she’d be suffering if I left her any longer. 

When I had my first kelpie put to sleep (at sixteen) his head was resting in my hand. After the vet had given me the nod to say, 'he's gone' he continued sniffing the palm of my hand for several minutes while I stroked his muzzle with my thumb. Now I know it was just muscle memory still working or whatever, but I like to think he was getting every last bit of scent memory he could before he left.?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1