Never seen any of the native snakes, feel like I need to rectify that too...

Hunting the Formby dunes as a kid we'd always come across sand lizards and natterjack toads. Wonderful shy creatures, I hope they are doing well there, now that stretch of dunescape is choc full of people daily..?

2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Never seen any of the native snakes, feel like I need to rectify that too...

Hunting the Formby dunes as a kid we'd always come across sand lizards and natterjack toads. Wonderful shy creatures, I hope they are doing well there, now that stretch of dunescape is choc full of people daily..?

Most reptiles and frogs ,toads are shy creatures, adders very shy and just slip away if you disturb them ,we'll most of the time .I'd never seen wild adder until I moved here and now I see them regular. 

It's a shame the wild places are seeing more and more people, area I live in goes crazy with cyclists and walkers soon as the sun comes out .

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Most reptiles and frogs ,toads are shy creatures, adders very shy and just slip away if you disturb them ,we'll most of the time .I'd never seen wild adder until I moved here and now I see them regular. 

It's a shame the wild places are seeing more and more people, area I live in goes crazy with cyclists and walkers soon as the sun comes out .

There's places in London I can virtually guarantee to see slow worms or grass snakes if I look for them, seen common lizards and a few adders in the city also ?

• Like 1