16 hours ago, WILF said:

Don’t bother, statistically speaking they will probably be divorced in 5 years and you will forever regret the money wasted on that breville slow cooker ! 

Your a happy one aint you ? 

Two of the ones I did didnt go past 18months though so suppose your right!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would genuinely loathe anything like that, luckily I’m old and don’t like anybody so I’m safe !    However, if I did have to write a speech it would start like this: ”So happy to see you

And we got all the dinlos that have to go to vegas or magaluf etc on the stag do and the hens go some other country. My mate said we’re going to vegas for his stag. I said fuk off am I ,I’d rather tak

Posted Images

On 19/05/2022 at 19:28, Qbgrey said:

All a load of bollox. Expensive hotel , food , drink etc. it’s the norm now like America to have the biggest best wedding or birthday for the photos and selfie brigade to plaster thier fake tan and shop eyebrows and pouting lips all over the web. In my eyes it’s a marquee in my field, mates do the hog roast. Local vicar turns up on his Harley with cigar in mouth( true person) does the deed then bang straight into ozzy,maiden ,thin lizzy etc etc

Manage the first bits, let your hair down and enjoy the later bit ?

Cheers, D.

Ive done a few over the years i used to shit myself before any of that public speaking lark but now ive learned to relax and just have a giggle with it all you're going to offend someone so why worry....tactically my approach is to write down bullet points and just wing it with each of them.....theres nothing worse than hearing someone read a script its childlike.

Later this year im best man for someone ive been best man for 3 times before :whistling:....beyond the treacles name im not sure what i can say that i havent said before ....what a f**k up the geezer !

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Later this year im best man for someone ive been best man for 3 times before :whistling:....beyond the treacles name im not sure what i can say that i havent said before ....what a f**k up the geezer !

That one surely writes itself! Absolute gold in there I’d of thought. The sort of stuff that will have the brides mother seething too! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Done it a couple of times ..my brothers one was a bit near the mark... I had a lot of shit on him though...he's been with his wife since school, got together at 14, so I knew a fair bit about her too... both sets of parents were sinking slowly into their seats trying to disappear..lol

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That one surely writes itself! Absolute gold in there I’d of thought. The sort of stuff that will have the brides mother seething too! :laugh:

Like i say....im not sure what i can say that i havent said before ? ?

40 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Like i say....im not sure what i can say that i havent said before ? ?

“…. FOUR TIMES…. Four times you lot have had to listen to me give this speech!… I’m running out of things to say!”

”I would say that I hope this one’s the one, but I’m kind of interested to see how far we can take this. I mean, are we looking at a Guinness world record entry here?”

”I know you will all join me in wishing John and Charlotte… shit no, errr Rachel? f**k that was the last one, errr Lyndsey, LYNDSEY!…. A happy marriage together.”

”Have a great night and we’ll do this again soon yeah?!”

Not that I’m trying to get you murdered by the in laws like… :D

• Haha 2

My mate had a speech written for his own wedding do... something like, my wife's sister was stood at the top of the stairs in her underwear gesturing me up , I turned on my heels and bolted out the front door, straight into my father in law , he hugged.me and said well done you've passed the test , so fellas let this be a lesson always keep your condoms in the car...

I told him it was a bad idea imo , thankfully he didn't include that one ?

37 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

“…. FOUR TIMES…. Four times you lot have had to listen to me give this speech!… I’m running out of things to say!”

”I would say that I hope this one’s the one, but I’m kind of interested to see how far we can take this. I mean, are we looking at a Guinness world record entry here?”

”I know you will all join me in wishing John and Charlotte… shit no, errr Rachel? f**k that was the last one, errr Lyndsey, LYNDSEY!…. A happy marriage together.”

”Have a great night and we’ll do this again soon yeah?!”

Not that I’m trying to get you murdered by the in laws like… :D

Something like that :thumbs:.....although they're a rough bunch i should be able to push it a bit further......first sign of tears i'll stop !......anyway the bride has known him nearly as long as i have so its not like she doesnt know what he's like....i think shes lost her mind personally ?

• Like 1