idiots !

8 hours ago, bird said:

A nice beddyx whippetx grey bitch, somthing about 23in 50lb, you got pups 24-26in-50-60lb with good coat, Buck great coat/feet,stamina, and good pace for big dog, and brill temp. He 10 in august as said, it never happen, he never had bitch, and the older they get, it harder to breed from them, it OK if they had few bitches, but if not like Buck,  harder to happen. Funny thing I was talking to bloke on the dog walk today, and I said when Buck gone in prob couple years time, I get me a  older dog next time, never done it before, I've always had pups, but now I am older I think be better for me, it only be a pet. Just to have mooch etc,.i know it risk with any mature dog, but sometime you drop lucky and get  good dog. But plenty of time for that, Buck quite fit for his age, and likes his walks, keeps me fit as well. 

Sometimes you can get lucky with older dogs ,me uncul gave me my whippet lurcher when he 18mts ,he was in his 80s when he got him as pup thinking he still had the legs to get out doing bit rabbiting ? think he drove to few spots let dog have a run but that's about it so he gifted him to me and he turned out one best dogs I've had and we got a bond that I never had with any other dog so far ,I be honest Ray he never caught a day time rabbit unless ferreting but he took good number of hares that we kicked up and he had few muntjac ,roe and OK on lamp but his working days over now ,he's happy going along the river or over the woods and he'll pick up what ever I shoot with me catty so he's happy and that's what it's all about ?  it'll be sad day when he goes but we x that bridge when it comes , you have a good day 

Atvb mooch 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i always take me young dogs to the horses one boot and they never bother em again 

?What style of Boot... toe poke (dangerous) Top of foot, footy shot or drop kick?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, jeemes said:

?What style of Boot... toe poke (dangerous) Top of foot, footy shot or drop kick?

? take em round the cobs be scoop from underneath with the front leg soon gets em educated ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

? take em round the cobs be scoop from underneath with the front leg soon gets em educated ? 

My grandad always told us kids horses back legs hurt front ones kill .

My mates horse kicked out at another horse few months ago and snapped one of its front legs and poor thing was pts so one kicking a juk be lights out. when my bedy grey just a pup she tried grabbing a horse by nose while it feeding but she not try it again after scolding I gave her,cattle are worse and I try stay clear of them as just to unpredictable .

• Like 1

Few weeks back an Alsatian killed a dog ( cocker x poodle) in the local woods. I’ve heard a few versions of the story, but basically the Alsatian was on a very long lead and it attacked the other dog. They managed to get it off the cocker cross, twenty yards further on it collapsed and died. Thing is the Alsatian owner said it’s the second time it’s done it.....wow.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

My grandad always told us kids horses back legs hurt front ones kill .

My mates horse kicked out at another horse few months ago and snapped one of its front legs and poor thing was pts so one kicking a juk be lights out. when my bedy grey just a pup she tried grabbing a horse by nose while it feeding but she not try it again after scolding I gave her,cattle are worse and I try stay clear of them as just to unpredictable .

when young dogs  get under them they normally flick em out the way moocher don’t get me wrong i’ve seen horse boot each other these be little cobs i go round use to dogs

• Like 1

We have lots of sheep and water buffalo around here. Always put my dogs on lead and learn them as pups. Seen that buffalo surround rook chicks and stamp them into the mud. Any pup (even this Beddy x I got now) gets roasted if he go near them. My Italian greyhound x whippet will run a rabbit and not look at them. Same as people on horses, always put the dogs on . Learn them young, learn them proper 

• Like 1

When my 1x saluki was 16 weeks old,right after his final innoculations,we took him to his first ever stroll on a local river walk,half way through,we encountered a foal,and the thing came over sniffing the pup,well the mare ran in and front foot stamped on the pups head,sonic got the top gums broken and lost front teeth,and was unconscious for a few hours,...my lad was heart broken,he had only bought him a few weeks previous out of money he got for his birthday,thankfully the dog came round and is still going good,minus the teeth ,they never came back,the horses were removed a week later as they were never supposed to be in there,the local travellers just threw em in there at the time

Edited by jigsaw

Never had problem with a stock , just make the part of the scenery we see horse cows and  sheep on every walk , more or less usually get one chase at around 13-16 months old they get corrected and good to go , current worker hasn’t ever chased a sheep seen her jump them in middle of a course 

8 hours ago, jigsaw said:

,well the mare ran in and front foot stamped on the pups head,sonic got the top gums broken and lost front teeth, 

A Stallion will do the same.

Had a mare stamp on one of my lurchers which snapped her leg, had it all done and all looked good then heard screaming one day and she had snapped it again. Pts which i had done in first place.

• Like 1
On 18/05/2022 at 12:59, bird said:

was walking Buck and little woody the other night  about 8 30pm , i go by the this small wood  that on the common by me. ok you  get few dog walkers  on there, but norm as gets near dusk , dont see as many, and ive had the odd munjack from it, and Buck chased the odd fox up there, the other wood i go to at weekends, better not so many people, and  see more munjack and foxes there, but the walk i was on just  a walk and chill thing really and bit closer to me . Well i was walking to the wood, when this fookin Doberman  came flat out towards me,  it went flying past by 3 yards, i could see a couple walking now towards me. well the dob now was coming back to me, it then went up to Buck and a grab on  him, Buck just moved it off him, and backed away just watching it. woman went up and grabbed the dob, i said to them both, your very lucky that my dog not dog aggressive , or he kill that fooking thing, she said he bit bossy  temp, he need big dog like that to put him in his place, i thought  what fookin idiots , they soon by crying and  phoning the cops , if Buck turned on it, and bust it up , like he could a fox, they be carrying it in a bag to vets. told my wife, she said Buck got brill temp, good with people, kids, and dogs loves our grandkids , dont let people like them ruin him , plus he near 10 now he dont need shit in his life now, he as enough with little woody bossing him about lol 

When I'm walking my dogs on lead and someone else's dog (off lead) comes running over to say hello I like to yell to the owner my dogs will attack it.

They haven't, probably wouldn't, but I like to watch the owners run and scream at their dogs.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Suffolkpest said:

When I'm walking my dogs on lead and someone else's dog (off lead) comes running over to say hello I like to yell to the owner my dogs will attack it.

They haven't, probably wouldn't, but I like to watch the owners run and scream at their dogs.

? I always tell them,your lucky it didn't get stuck in my dogs throat as they walk past ????