25 minutes ago, downsouth said:

What was so special about the sausage dog that it sold for 2k.Its only whats known as dapple,Not really uncommon.

f**k knows...Mrs wants one...I wasn't paying 2 k for one,when I could get a working Teckel for a few hundred euro all passported up...I think most folks think they can buy a few kc dogs a pretty colour and it's a license to print money...I work for what little I've got and have no interest in peddling dogs of any kind to the highest bidder...sooner or later the arse will drop out of it for good?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive seen that merle spaniel 'franko' whored right cross facebook if thats the sire your mates going to see the pups from. Id stay away personally, nothing but a showboat and never seen a days work imo

Sounds familiar. Wasn't there someone back in the 90s who said he was going to mate merle border collies to his beardies to see how many generations it would take for them to be classified as pur

What was so special about the sausage dog that it sold for 2k.Its only whats known as dapple,Not really uncommon.

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

My 2  brothers french bulldogs carry the fluffy gene and  chocolate,blue merle, platinum etc..made  70 thousand from the last litter? merle frenchies go for 14 k plus round by me .. everyone got them or the XL bullies...I was offered a Merle sausage dog bitch for 2k few weeks back...sold for 6 k 2 days later. ..they are delivering dogs up and down the UK?

Some coin that can see why people do it to be fair 70grand isn't to be sniffed at but 14k for a pup got to be folks with some fair coin as interested just to know the out cross to these dogs etc as seems to have happened rather quickly ive been trying to look it up on the net and seems there's labs up and down the country that will produce you these fluffy bulldogs or merles etc didn't realise how big of a racket it was

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

My 2  brothers french bulldogs carry the fluffy gene and  chocolate,blue merle, platinum etc..made  70 thousand from the last litter? merle frenchies go for 14 k plus round by me .. everyone got them or the XL bullies...I was offered a Merle sausage dog bitch for 2k few weeks back...sold for 6 k 2 days later. ..they are delivering dogs up and down the UK?

That is serious money in my book. Does the taxman not hassle him?

Pal of mine keeps a pack of Russell’s pretty tightly bred 

out crossed to another Russell no relation 

3 pups I think of top of my head usually litter of 5/6 white except heads black brown standard Russel quite slimy built these three stocky as out solid looking things tan black Merle tiny bit of white all born with stumpy tail 

fathers was same stamp as the dam and has never threw anything like it before 

so does the Merle gene come only from collies? And where the hell did this fluffy gene come from in frenchies?

amyone spending the money there spending on these is seeing it as an investment christ meet someone with a new cockerpoo pup in the street and 2 mins in they’ll drop that they’re going to bred it with the mother in laws in couple years and this is before it’s toilet trained then all the lads doing the powder there the ones up here that jumped on the bandwagon with these bulldogs etc 

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

To me it's just the collie or corgi that they put into them for the merle colour showing up in the breeding and clowns think their getting an extra special dog, how anyone pays that money for a dog that can't walk around the block is beyond me, the amount of them that die in the hot weather is ridiculous 

• Like 1

See loads of them French Bulldogs around me but non with the merle colouring though i do think they are becoming like the staffy did years ago and those breeding them struggled to find homes for them and the rescue places became full of them.

• Like 1

There are dozens and dozens of french bulldogs near where I live. One lady I knew had two and one of them cost her thousands of pounds to have its mouth fixed. She said that what people don't realise is that all those convoluted folds on the outside are replicated inside the jaw too. As a result, one of hers was hideously deformed inside its mouth and riddled with infections. The only way to fix it was to basically give it, what amounted to, interior cosmetic surgery.

51 minutes ago, C.green said:

Merle cockers were a big thing little while back dont see the fascination in it myself. Nice choc n tan or sommat would be more my style 

Cant see why anyone would want a merle cocker.If you like a bit of colour just get a well bred Roan.

• Like 1

I did have an ok one couple years back. Had some well bred goldens that wouldnt touch her for drive. But like most spaniels the dirtiness aint for me. 

Edited by C.green
38 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Was only looking at some them other day in local pet shop, tenner a pop, normal colours an Merle ones, blue an whites an tan an white Merle marked, first iv ever saw them, smart tho an tame ad fcuk I near on brought one home for me youngest, but the dragon was with me ? back there tomorrow or Friday tho I’ll see if they still there 

Get a pic of one don, I'd like to see that

5 hours ago, C.green said:

Merle cockers were a big thing little while back dont see the fascination in it myself. Nice choc n tan or sommat would be more my style 

I'm with you on that one...but then I'm a bit biased towards red and tans.?

9 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

See loads of them French Bulldogs around me but non with the merle colouring though i do think they are becoming like the staffy did years ago and those breeding them struggled to find homes for them and the rescue places became full of them.

There's a few round me and dachs and every other colour and type.

Re DC. The arse won't drop out of it, it will get worse imo 

Cheers, D.