9 minutes ago, Borr said:

You can throw a bucket of soapy water over the lawn and collect deoxygenated worms, but you won't beat a proper layered wormery with cardboard and hesian. 

That's what I do?,keep a piece of rubber matting in the corner of  the garden for that very purpose?

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to wait for a raining night and just walk around the quiet streets...lob worm everywhere coming out the pavement edging  into the pavements , fill a bucket in no time 

Was on a fishing trip in Ireland once went in to a little corner shop with my Oldman, Guinness pump and newspapers, my mum had diet coke said Irish one tasted different we didn't have heart to tell he

Wtf is blackheads...this is getting all too much for me?      

Was on a fishing trip in Ireland once went in to a little corner shop with my Oldman, Guinness pump and newspapers, my mum had diet coke said Irish one tasted different we didn't have heart to tell her it was two years out of date , anyways , Oldman asked fella if he sold bait , said worms , was gone 20 minutes my Oldman waled around counter and through house , found him in the garden , put two earth worms in a milk carton and charged us a quid....bonkers holiday, also got sent to John Smith's for bait from a tackle shop , half way asked again for directions at the seafood van oh yeh John go left etc , asked again and again eventually got to his house with a sign outside. Knock knock hi is John there ...no he's dead , door shuts head back to tackle shop , oh yeah we know hes dead but his widow sells bait....

• Haha 5
13 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

As kanny says little red worms you want old manure bigger worms go for grass leaves and food scraps in a compost heap or put a old piece of carpet down jig you will get a few under it in time if not go down your local allotment and turn there compost heap over you will get what you need there 

We got no allotments around here but I spotted a compost heap a year ago and it's been added to the whole time,...I reckon the oldest section of it will be my first try.

• Like 1
Just now, jigsaw said:

We got no allotments around here but I spotted a compost heap a year ago and it's been added to the whole time,...I reckon the oldest section of it will be my first try.

Good place to start what about were the local  council tip there green waste say from park departments ect  or you could try were local growers of veg dump there's it's normally in a pile next to the field take a terrier with you as you do get a few rats bolting  whilst  looking for worms ?

2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Good place to start what about were the local  council tip there green waste say from park departments ect  or you could try were local growers of veg dump there's it's normally in a pile next to the field take a terrier with you as you do get a few rats bolting  whilst  looking for worms ?

Have no clue ,never even knew the council had a dump for green waste,I live in the city so veg growers or veg dump doesn't exist too close,...this is getting more mysterious by the minute lol

5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Anyone ever use the pitchfork trick for blackheads. 

• Haha 4
9 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Best fishing worms you'll get, stick a garden fork into an old cow pat on a dairy farm and  wiggle it about and theyll come to the surface, it mimics rainfall. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Stay away from them, they need a spring cosh, never mind a lollipop stick ?

Sounds like they could wrestle the fish on to the bank for me lol

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Not that way I haven’t mate but under the sprinklers On golfy an you get some big black heads ?

Aye got them of golf courses before on rainy nights. Done a fair big of digging for them as well. 

8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Anyone ever use the pitchfork trick for blackheads. 

My dad used to say that joke but it was "throw a brick threw (enter name of black family) window". Funny as my dad had a few black mates and I would never have said he was racist, he just found it funny. I suppose humour was different back then a joke was seen as just a joke.

And on the worm front if your getting them from the golf course make sure you have a bit of sand with you for your fingers the lob worms only hang half way out and if you cant get a grip you either have them slide back down the hole or pull them in half.  

• Like 3