What, if anything, do you use to treat the inside of a shed?

Bloke that delivered it said use something oil based, I've got creosote for the outside, can I use that for the inside too?

Cheers

It'd burn the eyes out of yer sockets ,and give ye a fit of coughing that make ye sound like an asthmatic camel ffs...cuprinol clear or woodstain,,oil based,there's loads of products to choose from,and not overly expensive 

20 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Why not, will fcukkng stink tho I got a couple barrels of the coal tar creosote here an when you do your fence the whole estate can smell it for days, funny cos once you do it the smell must trigger others, couple days after it seems every Cnut out doing it ? 

I've got the fence to do too, ill have to wait till everyone's at work to crack on?

14 hours ago, The one said:

Why would you want to treat the inside of your shed you treat the outside to stop wear /rot from the weather ?.

The note that came with it said 2 coats outside, 1 coat inside

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/05/2022 at 13:09, MH1 said:

The note that came with it said 2 coats outside, 1 coat inside

I use a clear complete wood treatment from ronseal or cuprinol with a woodworm prevention in it, although Ive just noticed its doubled in price.

Is creosote illegal now ? I got new drum of it in the yard been there for god knows how long and got new shed coming that will need treating soon. Love the smell of that stuff but maybe the rest of the street wont lol

Oh and what about waste engine oil got loads that too :) Remember some one saying to mix it with some thing and its great stuff. Probably creosote lol

Edited by terryd

Mix waste oil with creosote and creosote isnt band that I know of just only sold to fencing contractors,agricultural etc well this is what a lad told me who does farm maintenance on a country estate 

On 16/06/2022 at 13:29, claude said:

Mix waste oil with creosote and creosote isnt banned that I know of just only sold to fencing contractors,agricultural etc well this is what a lad told me who does farm maintenance on a country estate 

On 17/06/2022 at 14:50, W. Katchum said:

The old one is banned mate, that’s why they use coal tar now, it’s still decent but not like the old gear ?

I bought a 50 gallon drum of the old stuff a few years ago through a farmer.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, foxdropper said:

The old stuff is carcinogenic .

So is a lot of things still in use daily by a lot of people ..