Draper Expert, hand held, to be precise.

Anyone know how the hell ye set them for right or left hand turning, please?

Amazon reviewers seemed really lost. I thought they were just useless. I'd soon sort it out.

Year later, I try to use it for the first time? Chaos! I see it says " Left - Right " on the collet. Good luck fathoming how to turn that ?  I just need to wrench open two little screws. Down tools till I can manage that ?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Draper Expert, hand held, to be precise.

Anyone know how the hell ye set them for right or left hand turning, please?

Amazon reviewers seemed really lost. I thought they were just useless. I'd soon sort it out.

Year later, I try to use it for the first time? Chaos! I see it says " Left - Right " on the collet. Good luck fathoming how to turn that ?  I just need to wrench open two little screws. Down tools till I can manage that ?

Thanks.

Sorry I can’t help but may I suggest you type your quandary into YouTube always someone filming themselves ??

• Like 1

As Charts says one way to screw in one way to take screw out but I have a middle setting (Lock)also which I alway put it on when returning to the box. Sometime the trigger touches the casing and keeps the light on and runners the battery right down. Mine is Dewalt mind. I you have a battery that is so far run down it won't charge have a look on YouTube using a couple of sort wires and a good battery you can make it good to charge again.

Cheers Arry

:good:Cheers, lads. I don't know what I was thinking, coming here Before just asking the tube. Helping keep this place alive, I guess?

Anyway, yeah; Would ye believe ye put it in a fukking vice?! :icon_eek: Absolute simplicity, once Bruce here has finally shit the fukk up and shown ye!

At two minutes:

• Like 1

Sorry, Charts ~ Was off, busy finishing the work removing that screw allowed me to! :D

Aren't they a cracking little tool though?! I've never used one before. Had this one a year. Only now found a use for it. And, yes, as Bruce there says; One sharp tap and job's a good'n! Mine worked, just like that :)

P1010002.JPG.97478511d192e7fec088eaea3ae8d3eb.JPG

But, yeah, in order to (realistically?) turn the thing, Bruce takes the black end off. Pops the square end in a vice and uses that to hold it still, while he rotates the collar by hand.

I never tried that without the vice. Probably never will, now. Because I don't really see them as quite the answer to putting In a screw. Certainly a superb thing for loosening a stuck in one though :good:

11 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Maybe. Maybe Charts and I are old school.

Either way; I've never had the battery pack up in my hammer! :D

Ain't nobody got time for that ...Time is money ?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Time is money ?

Yep. And I  was ~ genuinely ~ musing on that today, as I gently shoved on my Stanley 'Yankee'. Thinking how I still get that satisfaction of feeling part of the job :)

But, I was also musing how 1. I'm glad no fukker's paying me / I don't rely on what I'm up to to earn my living.

And yet, 2. I'd love a hand / mate / little helper, just to go and fetch that fukking tool I now see I need, and which is back in the room I just got back from! :wallbash:

Christ, it must be great to be able to say, " Can ye just go and fetch my red handled screw driver, please? " Or even, " Pass me That, please. " Me? I just have to sigh. Roll my eyes. Swear and fukking trudge! Hate it!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Sorry, Charts ~ Was off, busy finishing the work removing that screw allowed me to! :D

Aren't they a cracking little tool though?! I've never used one before. Had this one a year. Only now found a use for it. And, yes, as Bruce there says; One sharp tap and job's a good'n! Mine worked, just like that :)

P1010002.JPG.97478511d192e7fec088eaea3ae8d3eb.JPG

Because I don't really see them as quite the answer to putting In a screw. Certainly a superb thing for loosening a stuck in one though :good:

But what happens if it's a left hand threaded bolt you need to undo ??