Best cross you've seen .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once tried a wee Bedlington/Border....?  

Thanks mate. This en looks like a mini welsh hound.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I’d put my little Russel’s up against most things. The little old red bitch being the best 

If you’ve got loads game any dog can look great , it’s when there’s not a lot there and they still find when you know you’ve got a good un 

Edited by Sammyballer
  • Like 5
25 minutes ago, Sammyballer said:

If you’ve got loads game any dog can look great , it’s when there’s not a lot there and they still find when you know you’ve got a good un 

Yep..... I know that. Spent my early years in Wales and have hunted all over. 

That little old red bitch will find a fox anywhere. She’s caught more fox above ground than most bushers I know of.  And between them they very rarely fail to put something in the bag wherever we go. 

• Like 2
On 16/05/2022 at 09:08, tatsblisters said:

Best bushing dog we used to take out when we were youngsters was a small type labrador/collie it would plough through cover swim any river and pond . My best bushing dog was my first springer spaniel i had she was the runt of the litter and i gave the lad a score for her and brough her up around a mates bushing terriers she would hunt all day . I always remember taking her to London to go out with some mates from down their on the muntjac she had never seen one or been near one before but took to bushing them like a veteran i think big Danny M from London was impressed when she knocked one out of a bramble hedge to be caught by my lurcher.

I used to have a small lab x kelpie. Fantastic bushing dog. Sounds the same as the one you had as youngsters 

• Like 2

Sheeps old red bitch a goodun work anywhere try for anything getting on now and still grafting all winter. also rated my mates old russel as up there with the best i seen her kill muntjac on her own where no other dog could sniff them. Go with a bitch occasionally if you kill ten rabbits shes prob caught half reads the pack and cuts in from no where to make a kill.

dog wise not saying flat out bushing but alround and obediance i think my black n tan dog would take some whacking and id be surprised if any busher has killed the variety he has alot of time on hes own.thats a good busher to me they gotta be wanting to kill what there on where i stay you can kill alot in winter with a couple good terriers

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
On 16/05/2022 at 09:08, tatsblisters said:

Best bushing dog we used to take out when we were youngsters was a small type labrador/collie it would plough through cover swim any river and pond . My best bushing dog was my first springer spaniel i had she was the runt of the litter and i gave the lad a score for her and brough her up around a mates bushing terriers she would hunt all day . I always remember taking her to London to go out with some mates from down their on the muntjac she had never seen one or been near one before but took to bushing them like a veteran i think big Danny M from London was impressed when she knocked one out of a bramble hedge to be caught by my lurcher.

We got a cocker bitch on the team ive seen it have a mouthful on 4 species absolutely deer mad she is if hes there shell find him and ive got to be truthful even though it pains me to admit ive seen her bolt muntjac and water deer where terriers have failed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, C.green said:

We got a cocker bitch on the team ive seen it have a mouthful on 4 species absolutely deer mad she is if hes there shell find him and ive got to be truthful even though it pains me to admit ive seen her bolt muntjac and water deer where terriers have failed.

You seen the vids of that spaniel in New Zealand? Hanging off of reds? 

10 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

You seen the vids of that spaniel in New Zealand? Hanging off of reds? 

Not seen it mate but could imagine one of those crazy wired soaniels only shown deer would be nuts for it