Just lifted up a sheet of ply....

24 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Wish I had a pound for every log or piece of corrugated sheet I've lifted looking for wildlife.

My mate lifted a roof tile that was part of a pile of them in his garden and got chased across the garden by a viper ?

The same bloke was up a ladder repairing roof beams when a rat ran across the beam, along his arm, round the back of his neck and out along the other arm. While up the same ladder a few days later he felt something on his neck. The next day he was admitted to hospital suffering from a spider bite. Three days on a drip.

Lucky Terry we call him. 

• Haha 5

I used to take my young terriers along the foreshore flipping over bits of ply etc in the tide line get loads of mice and rats but nothing as nice as that good fun and got the pups going ?

• Like 2
9 hours ago, micky said:

Lovely ! what  a handsome family  they are .

When I saw them mickey I wished I hadn't liften the board up and disturbed them, lovely to see though. 

6 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Wish I had a pound for every log or piece of corrugated sheet I've lifted looking for wildlife.

Your the same as me, first thought when seeing corrugated sheets "Snakes". ?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, mackem said:

Red hot today,so I went to a close lake to look for snapper turtles, on the way there I saw a sheet of ply, my first thought was "Snakes" so I lifted it gently (I also replaced it extra gently), I had flip-flops on, the mother at one point ran over my toes. 

IMG_20220514_184234.jpg

IMG_20220514_194625.jpg

IMG_20220514_194613.jpg

IMG_20220514_181523.jpg

IMG_20220514_181452.jpg

A good memory for you ,along with a million more ,having read your posts ! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sid g said:

i was telling the lads at football on  saturday after they stopped laughing they gave me loads of advice to pass but tbf he knows best ,,  

That he does best you leave him being the Oracle on here it saves a lot of hassle ? 

2 hours ago, Kentbulls said:

I lifted one up once found katchum hiding....still didn’t answer his phone did you fella.

Probably to busy trying to find you curled under a hedge bottom praying he walks past ? 

• Haha 1